|Fuel Additive

rob d

Just opened a letter from my Nissan dealer. Apparently there is a super duper fuel treatment they do and mine is now due to be done again. For £20 its done and it can be turned around in 45 mins. They will even vac and wash the car.

So 45 min..... vac and wash ???

That will be a bottle of red ex in the tank then. :lol:

Unless YOU know different :bounce:

The fuel additives are pretty safe, but most of them don't seem to do a great deal. The only one I've found that seem to do anything is the STP complete fuel system cleaner and I've used it on all my cars for the last 10 years or so at service time without any issues.

It was the old REDEX type OIL treatments that used to loosen deposits around the piston seals on older cars causing oil to be burned.

Not really. The cost of removing the injectors, then sending them off, then getting them cleaned, then putting them back... Not worth it IMHO, especially as you'll have to find another 6 injectors to use in the meantime. Definitely worth doing if you've got a set that have been sitting around for a while or have ordered from a company where that could be true, then at least you'll know they're immaculate before putting them in.

On a daily driver I'd just chuck a bottle of injector cleaner in once a year for peace of mind, along with a can of 10K Boost.