Future electric zed?

Roo

The thought of all these electric cars, it's not a nice one. It will suit 95% of people who couldn't care less and would rather their car made no noise, but I would miss the noise so much!

You could still get the sound and just think you want need to spend hundreds on an exhaust - just select the mp3 of the exhaust sound you want to upload to your car that day! :lol:

A speaker will replace the pipes - dual speakers on the zed B)

When I think about electric cars, from the aspect of range it's a worry. But we can only has a guess, that over time the range will improve. Say or instance here. Between the big cities, can be 150-200kms with not much in between except pasture and trees. Of if one drives Auckland - Wellington, 7-8 hour drive. Electric car would be dead before even reaching the next major city.

• 2 weeks later...
More pics on PH: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=23216

I could get behind that! B) The interior especially I think is great, wouldn't mind that trickling down to the Zed, even in yellow!

You can certainly see all the design queues from the 350z/370z in there, just "futurised". Hopefully they will continue to make good strides in interior like they did with the 370z on the next model :thumbs:

Look on the brightside guys. If more day to day drivers use electrical cars then there will be a substantially large amount of petrol being unused which will mean us petrol heads can run our cars for alot more years without worry :D

electric cars are a dead art form doomed to fail; they still rely on fossil fuel to produce the electricity; the only real route forward is hydrogen fuel cells, you fill up like you would with petrol and produce no harmful outputs.

the other issue with electric is the charge time, yes you might at some point get a battery life of 500 miles but then you cant drive it for 12-18 hours as it has to recharge. and if its cold your mileage and battery life plummet rapidly.

Its in an autocar i was reading the other day. aparently the looks were based on the 370z. the next Z car is likely to take some of its styling features.

i only think electric cars will take off if they discover an alternate means of storing charge and charging quickly.

i think james may said when he drove the hydrogen fuel cell honda, the car of the future must be like the car of today.

our lives are built around impulsively being able to drive wherever and whenever we want to, with only short stops to take on fuel. having to plan every journey as well as making sure you leave enough time to charge it up before you next want to use it would mean a complete change in lifestyle.

also so-called green cridentials about electric cars are a load of "£$%

you can do a lot more to save the planet by buying locally sourced foods than you ever could by using a hybrid or electric vehicle. - this is what a family member of mine who works for english nature told me when i asked her if she despised me for buying a V6 sports coupe.

The only reason that motorists get all the stick for climate change and energy consumption is because they are an easy target.

so next time someone scouls at you for driving your Z. just tell them that you source all of your food locally and it is them who is destroying the planet. then you can get back on your high horse as you leave them in a cload of smoke and exhaust noise.

WOW. i have gone seriousley :offtopic: ahh well, guess i just like ranting about clueless know-all hippes

And where do we get the hydrogen for the fuel cells? ;)

from the hydrogen shop? where else silly :lol:

currently we don't have the means to produce hydrogen in large enough quantities and cheaply; but then we don't have a hydrogen car market either, as one grows so will the other.

and who ever cracks cheap production of hydrogen will be a very rich man in the future