Hello

Ped

Hi, I've recently been thinking about an upgrade in car. The 350z has caught my eye very nicely. It would need to do the daily commute aswell as probably being used in the winters (which recently have meant snow). So just need to know what they're like to live with. How expensive they are for parts (Suspension/exhausts/wheels and fitments). I have a stupidly low Fiesta Zetec-s. But i want to wiggle my way into the more jap scene/flush ect.

Any info would be great thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Yeah MPG is an issue but not as big a one as i feel its going to be. How do they sound as standard? Hard also trying to decide if i can live with a 2-seater.

Imports are quieter than uk cars but they sound pretty good. You can't beat an after market exhaust though to just give it that little bit more. :thumbs:

+1 on the roadster but we would say that!! :lol:

Visually i prefer the Hardtop. What are the figure differences between the imports? 280bhp isn't the Uk spec one?

Insurance may also be hit by the fact its an import.

JDM and UK power is the same. It will depend on the year of the car as there are 3 different engines (276, 296, 303(ish??)). I have an import and the insurance isn't that much more than a uk car. Just make sure you use a decent insurer (like the ones on here) and you should be fine. :thumbs:

Ahhh i see. I've only just began looking and researching so all this is good info. I know too, that pre 05 are £230ish tax where as post 05 are £400something??? Back this up?

Something like this would be my aim, so i will need to know the sort of wheel offset and width wheels these cars take. And do you recognise the front bumper splitter?

tumblr_kyknbyOcx01qaf61ao1_500.jpg

Ahhh i see. I've only just began looking and researching so all this is good info. I know too, that pre 05 are £230ish tax where as post 05 are £400something??? Back this up?

Something like this would be my aim, so i will need to know the sort of wheel offset and width wheels these cars take. And do you recognise the front bumper splitter?

tumblr_kyknbyOcx01qaf61ao1_500.jpg

I think its post 06 for the more expensive tax, thought it was March 06 but could be wrong. You clearly don't have many speed bumps near you to want a car that low! :lol: Don't recognise the splitter but sure someone will know what it is.

Offsets would have to be very low to get that stance and probably need the arches rolling. Plenty of people here running 10" wide wheels. Offsets have been covered loads so should be able to find some pictures with offsets via the search as its not my strong point. I would say they would be creeping down to the low teens/single figures in those pics though.

Haha, my area isn't toooo bad for bumps and speed-humps. I get around in my car like so...

DSCF1163.jpg

I might not go for as low as in that picture as it could be come to impractical. But something similar. Im not looking forward to forking out on 18-20inch or so alloys and tyres mind haha! But feel i will save money and just go for lower springs rather than coilovers... Will have to see.

Welcome to the forum :) . All cars 55 reg and older are in the lower tax bracket. The higher rate of tax was introduced on March 26th 2006 so there will be a number of 06 reg'd cars at the lower tax rate but these will be hard to find.

Pete

Well i knew i was in the right ball park with the tax stuff anyway. I will be looking for an earlier one for that reason aswell as their lower value. Does age of car affect the engine spec options. GT seems to be the most common spec? What does this have that others don't or vice versa?

I think its pre 05 is 276, 06 -07 is 296 and 07+ is 303. GT spec means you get the Bose system, heated seats etc. Most common spec I would say.

When you find a car you like the look of just post up a link and people will give their opinion. Also close by members are usually happy to go and look at the car for you if its far from your location. Some people travel long distances to pick up the right Zed and it makes the drive home a lot better! :drive1

Yeah thats great! I got to say it seems a nice bunch on here. Im on many forums, main one being ZSOC (Zetec-S Owners Clubs) Where i am well known and a forum Representative. Usually stepping onto another forum your not used it is daunting, especially after being so comfortable on your own. This one seems a great place.

I travelled over 200 miles to pick up my Fiesta. Making sure it was the right one ect. I don't know if i'd be as hard pushed to fetch a brill 350z, but after all its not a ford this time so everything should be working....

I've had a look around, Pistonheads/AutoTrader ect. seen some 03, GT, >50k hard tops for around £7500-£8500s. That is just around my price bracket tbh.

Yeah MPG is an issue but not as big a one as i feel its going to be.

They are pretty thirsty on very short runs and to a certain extent in cold weather, my wife gets about 18mpg on her 8 mile round trip to work and back in heavy traffic. Much better once the engine gets properly warmed up though. I've averaged 27mpg over the 4 years I've had the car, only about 3mpg worse than the Celica T-Sport I previously owned.

Pete

Hey bud, this is a top spec forum with very few arseholes :lol:

There's a couple for sale on here which the history can be traced from member to member. 8.5k will get you a decent 03 04 zed. All Uk cars are gt spec. Make sure it has the rays 18" wheels though as the heavy ones (oem 6spokes and quite plain) make the car a little less fun.If you drive sensibly you manage 25-30mpg average.

As said members will view cars for you if they're close to anyone. Post up a thread for it once you find one.

Oh and welcome :thumbs:

It all depends on how you drive. You can achieve a wide range of figures! I am averaging about 25mpg at present and that is with quite a light foot but relatively short journeys and despite the cold weather which increases consumption. With a heavy right foot I imagine you could get it down quite dramatically :lol:

Hey bud, this is a top spec forum with very few arseholes :lol:

There's a couple for sale on here which the history can be traced from member to member. 8.5k will get you a decent 03 04 zed. All Uk cars are gt spec. Make sure it has the rays 18" wheels though as the heavy ones (oem 6spokes and quite plain) make the car a little less fun.If you drive sensibly you manage 25-30mpg average.

As said members will view cars for you if they're close to anyone. Post up a thread for it once you find one.

Oh and welcome :thumbs:

Thanks mate! I get that, a forum with a more expensive price tag to the cars is going to attract an older audience ect. And by no means calling anyone on here old haha! Im about to turn 21 my self and the insurance quotations are feeling good at the moment so im pushed towards a more performance based inpractical car while im still living at home with a steady income ect. haha. The wheels should be getting replaced whichever a car i find comes with but thanks for the recormendation.

Oh and im from a town called Yarm, in the North east! y0!

I was just 21 when I bought mines. 23 now and insurance is pretty good. Still quite a young crowd on here with the more mature guys helping us out. If you need any parts you will get them at rock bottom prices on here from the traders.

Mileage isn't really an issue with they cars except usual wear and tear. The engines are pretty bullet proof tbh.

I was just 21 when I bought mines. 23 now and insurance is pretty good. Still quite a young crowd on here with the more mature guys helping us out. If you need any parts you will get them at rock bottom prices on here from the traders.

Mileage isn't really an issue with they cars except usual wear and tear. The engines are pretty bullet proof tbh.

Is there a trader area that i cannot see without donation? Im only familia with Forums membership payment and the extra access it gets to the site im on.

And my old man has an Xtrail. Its a great car and gives me the confidence to park a nissan sports car next to it!

No need for payment. If you click forum index just up left of this thread it will take you to the map. The main guys for parts is Zmanalex and r35 lee :thumbs: alex has his own subthread aswell, there loads of good deals from other traders and shops :thumbs: