Hello

Ped

Excellent, I shall have a gander and get some price ideas on visuals (inc susp) ect. as i don't think the power is something i should worry about yet considering i have a lucky to be 100bhp hatch. :blush:

With regards to power a few mods:

Plenum Spacer

Panel filter

Exhaust

Sports/de-cats

Ypipe

And then a remap with either Abbey or RSTuning will have the older 276 cars up near the 290/300bhp mark. Some people have graphs up around here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we get club discount on every trader in there??

And i noticed scorpion exhaust for around £300. Thats great value for what i was thinking. I had a £800+ full system on my fiesta! lol but not looking to go down a manifold, decat and catback route this time. Just a backbox.

Excellent, I shall have a gander and get some price ideas on visuals (inc susp) ect. as i don't think the power is something i should worry about yet considering i have a lucky to be 100bhp hatch. :blush:

With regards to power a few mods:

Plenum Spacer

Panel filter

Exhaust

Sports/de-cats

Ypipe

And then a remap with either Abbey or RSTuning will have the older 276 cars up near the 290/300bhp mark. Some people have graphs up around here.

Great info thanks. I was looking at a thread earlier to do with these Ypipes. Whats this about as i am unfarmiliar?

Do we get club discount on every trader in there??

And i noticed scorpion exhaust for around £300. Thats great value for what i was thinking. I had a £800+ full system on my fiesta! lol but not looking to go down a manifold, decat and catback route this time. Just a backbox.

The majority of the traders prices are cheap for us and group buys come up to make them even cheaper sometimes. Sometimes like with insurance you need to qoute a code that they provide in their sigs.

Thats a good exhuast and lots have it. Would also recommend a Ypipe to go with it. Manifolds are considered a waste as the improvements are minimal, especially v the costs. Most people do ypipe, de-cat/sport cats and back.

What is the standard set up before the 'Y' replacement?

I can imagine the manifolds are fairly well designed. The only reason its a good upgrade on the Fiesta is because the Cat is housed directly on the standard manifold.

Yup lifetime warranty. I'm sure cs can sort out a decent price on aftermarket exhausts along with Sarah(chilli red).

Standard set up is 2 manifolds, 2 cats, ypipe then exhaust. Just a little restrictive over aftermarket. I love my scorpion exhaust

The cats are between the manifolds and the ypipe (I think!!) so need two. You should still see gains from tuning with just a ypipe and back section leaving standard cats but sports/de-cats will see most improvement.

thats what neil said above ^ so im a little confused now....

The cats are between the manifolds and the ypipe (I think!!) so need two. You should still see gains from tuning with just a ypipe and back section leaving standard cats but sports/de-cats will see most improvement.

thats what neil said above ^ so im a little confused now....

Whats confusing you?? :shrug:

Yes it has a ypipe as standard, the aftermarket ones just have better flow and give a slight gain. That said no matter what mods you do the ECU dials them out more or less unless you get a tune and there are only two places that do this on the standard ECU which are Abbey and RS.

I can't see it making a massive difference to be honest. But if i do some stuff and its going to be remaped anyway it could be worth doing! Scorpion exhaust seems good value. Will have to find some vids on youtube when i get home.

So you put Ypeice onto the manifolds then you either have the option to put a single sports cat on or just extend to exhaust to leave decat? Or can you re-use the standard cats and keep a performance gain?

:doh: Have a wee read of the exhaust sub forum :thumbs:

As Neil says the Scorpion is perhaps good value for money but most would query its longevity.

You do see most gain from upgrading the Y-Pipe and decats - but nowt without a remap :shrug:

Welcome to the forum BTW :wave:

So you put Ypeice onto the manifolds then you either have the option to put a single sports cat on or just extend to exhaust to leave decat? Or can you re-use the standard cats and keep a performance gain?

As Neil says the Scorpion is perhaps good value for money but most would query its longevity.

You do see most gain from upgrading the Y-Pipe and decats - but nowt without a remap :shrug:

Thanks, im new to anything more than a 4pot. :lol: so things are so famiar to me.

Can you easily bolt in and out cats when it comes to MOT or more hassle than its worth?

Ahhh i've had a look in the exhaust thread leading to 350z-tech site with lots of exhaust stuff. The Y is more illabourate than i was picturing in my mind. and i also noticed theres a fujabitsu (funny spelling so probs wrong) i used to want this make exhaust on my yaris T-sport. Are they a popular choice?

Thanks, im new to anything more than a 4pot. :lol: so things are so famiar to me.

Can you easily bolt in and out cats when it comes to MOT or more hassle than its worth?

Best bet is to find a friendly mot tester. Cats can be a bit of a pain.

As for longevity, the scorpion comes with a no hassle lifetime warranty. There has been no bad reviews on the forum about them and mines still looks as good as it did when I got it new. The japspeed exhaust discoloured within a month.

The scorpion isn't cheap in comparison to some, most come with y-pipe, the scorpion doesn't. The scorpion books at around 400quid but cheaper on here add a y-pipe then your easily over the 600 Mark.

As for any issues, the only one was alignment which is a problem with most aftermarket exhausts, mines is perfect so I'm guessing the problem has been amended.

Exhaust is always a personal taste. The scorpion is subtle but barks when pushed. The japspeed k1 is cheap and very noisy. The miltek is subtle and expensive(too quite for me- tends to suit the older generation better :wheelchair::lol: ), the buddy club is a better version of the k1 but still loud. You really need to hear them in person to choose tbh.

The zed engine has variable timing and then engine really comes alive after 4000rpm. The exhaust note changes all the way through rev range. Starts of deep and rips towards the top end

The Berks hfc's are high flow sports cats