Bad for English Football?

Beavis

Isn't there a large waiting list for season tickets for the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea anyway?

Only Liverpool have a long waiting list, like 10 years :scare: . Only 3 other premier league clubs have waiting lists, Arsenal (quite long), Chelsea and Tottenham. Man Utd have recently made more season tickets available and Man City sell games in blocks. My daughter has been on the waiting list at Liverpool for 3 years, the stadiums just too small :shrug:

Pete

I've been on it 7 years............

that'll be all the Norwegians taking up your seats....... :teeth:

Isn't there a large waiting list for season tickets for the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea anyway?

Only Liverpool have a long waiting list, like 10 years :scare: . Only 3 other premier league clubs have waiting lists, Arsenal (quite long), Chelsea and Tottenham. Man Utd have recently made more season tickets available and Man City sell games in blocks. My daughter has been on the waiting list at Liverpool for 3 years, the stadiums just too small :shrug:

Pete

I've been on it 7 years............

that'll be all the Norwegians taking up your seats....... :teeth:

Actually thats a very good point. They can watch the game live in Norway yet they still come over here to watch it in quite some numbers ;)

January window is for panic buys, thats why the prices are so inflated... apparently we had a solid bid of £38M for Aguero turned down :thumbdown:

spurs bid £25m for Carroll too.....

Indeed which is a more reasonable fee but still overpriced imo

How many Strikers have looked good for a few months in a certain team and then faded away? Also won't Pool have to buy Nolan too, wasn't it a condition of his bail that he lives with Nolan.... :lol:

At least having a criminal he can bond with the Liverpool fans easier ;)

January window is for panic buys, thats why the prices are so inflated... apparently we had a solid bid of £38M for Aguero turned down :thumbdown:

spurs bid £25m for Carroll too.....

How many Strikers have looked good for a few months in a certain team and then faded away? Also won't Pool have to buy Nolan too, wasn't it a condition of his bail that he lives with Nolan.... :lol:

The negotiations for Torres were purely dicated by the price Newcastle wanted for Carroll.

Liverpool sold Babel for £6m and bought Suarez for £23m.

So Liverpool told Chelsea that they had to pay at least £15m above what Newcastle wanted for Carroll.

Newcastle pushed the price up to £35 meaning Chelsea had to stump up £50m

From a Liverpool point of view, We swapped Babel (erratic at best) and Torres (patchy form and not back to the player was just yet) for two younger, hungry players with desire to play for the club, and with a net spend of next to zero :thumbs:

It's a good job UTD have not played their best this season or they would have had the title already.

Very true, they've been distinctly average by their standards...but grinding results out is what good teams do best :shrug:

Pete

As long as he didn't come with Joey Barton then that's O.K. :lol:

Pete

The negotiations for Torres were purely dicated by the price Newcastle wanted for Carroll.

Liverpool sold Babel for £6m and bought Suarez for £23m.

So Liverpool told Chelsea that they had to pay at least £15m above what Newcastle wanted for Carroll.

Newcastle pushed the price up to £35 meaning Chelsea had to stump up £50m

From a Liverpool point of view, We swapped Babel (erratic at best) and Torres (patchy form and not back to the player was just yet) for two younger, hungry players with desire to play for the club, and with a net spend of next to zero :thumbs:

Desperate buys in my book...

I think Suarez will be the better buy, Carroll is a one trick pony (hair pun intended) :lol:

Really don't know what happened with Torres he went from greatest striker on the planet to pathetic excuse of a striker :shrug:

I hope he doesn't but I think he will be transformed at Chelsea and start looking like the player he was, just got fed up at Pool and you could see by the way he was playing he didn't want to be there...

Desperate buys in my book...

I think Suarez will be the better buy, Carroll is a one trick pony (hair pun intended) :lol:

Really don't know what happened with Torres he went from greatest striker on the planet to pathetic excuse of a striker :shrug:

I hope he doesn't but I think he will be transformed at Chelsea and start looking like the player he was, just got fed up at Pool and you could see by the way he was playing he didn't want to be there...

8th most expensive player in history after 6 months in the prem :scare: .........just when you think life can't get any worse as an Everton fan you can always rely on the reds**te to brighten up your day.

£35 million........that must make Louis Saha worth about £100 million!

Torres is your typical sulking foreign mercenary striker.

Torres is your typical sulking foreign mercenary striker.

Not only that he's lost his form and more importantly his extra pace. He was frankly poor at the World Cup, he really made no impact. Liverpool did the only sensible thing and sold him, his heart hadn't been in the club for a long time and rumour has it that a number of senior players weren't speaking to him. On top of that he's injury prone and a target for the hard men and The Plastics will be lucky to get 25 games a season out of him. I always found to be a frustrating player, he seems to have no sense of balance at times a bit like Drogba really :lol:

Pete

Personally I lost a vast amount of interest in being a football fan after Rooney defected. Can't say it did us any harm but I have quite an unusual view of football....for me I'd rather scrap against relegation with a team of people who want to play for you and be controlled by a director with no money but a history steeped in the club than I would be successful with a load of merc's and a foreign business man at the helm.

I had way more good memories of being a football supporter as a kid when we escaped relegation than I have being one of the shiter teams in a tin pot European cup.

.........then again I'm quite odd :blink:

i recently read this and thought about how andy carrolls move could go.

Am I A £35m Striker?I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.In my first season in the top flight I had 15 goals by the end of Jan. Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win vs Liverpool. My form earned me an England call-up and debut in a friendly....Am a I £35m striker?No I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

It's no wonder people are taking this route,sky are taking the p**s.My subs for multiroom HD are about to hit £100 and I still can't get any game I want.

Never had Sky, as years ago I though my mate paying £40 a month was way too bad, but didn't realise you could go that high! :surrender: Do you get a personally signed Christmas card from Mr. Murdoch?

It's no wonder people are taking this route,sky are taking the p**s.My subs for multiroom HD are about to hit £100 and I still can't get any game I want.

Never had Sky, as years ago I though my mate paying £40 a month was way too bad, but didn't realise you could go that high! :surrender: Do you get a personally signed Christmas card from Mr. Murdoch?

My Sky bill is higher than that each month, about £160 on average. We have all of the channels and pay extra for the kids channels, multiroom, HD, ESPN and pay for box office movies etc. We also have our telephone calls through sky so thats an extra £11.50 for line rental plus calls.

Before we has kids me and the Mrs used to go to Anfield and Villa park all the time, which would be about £100 a time, plus we used to go the cinema twice a week which would be about £25 a pop, so now we don't can't do all that, we stay in, save all that money and watch it all at home via Sky :)