Max Power Competition Car On Ebay??

AndWood

my friend spoke to me about this car when i bought my 350z, his friend won it and said its really shabby. Mentioned when looking at the body kit you could still see all the rivets still showing on the outside, where they just chucked it on.

havent seen it myself so cant comment too much but my friend works for an i.c.e shop in essex and has had a number of heavily modified cars, so is pretty clued up.

did they iron out all the cars faults then or did she have more head aches after them posts ?

such a shame that she had her hopes up, then being kicked in the nuts like that . u would expect abit professionalism for a company or brand that was as big as max power but sadly it didnt sound like she recieved any through out the hole thing , dissapointing that once again a big company try's to sh@t on the avarage joe :rant:

Stay well clear IMO unless you are ready for a serious amount of work. I get the feeling we were just scratching the surface with the issues of that car. If you have the skills you could take on a real bargin, but I would bet it will take quite a bit of skill to make sure it is back to perfect before you start to drive it.

even in the photos on ebay you can see why amy wasnt happy with it! if you look in the second photo the rear bumper doesnt even meet the bootlid! you can see white paint inbetween where the hatch meets the rear lights too! i thought i had a bad fitting kit but compared to that its concourse :thumbdown:

just read through the thread, what a shame, a copany who must be rolling in it still tries to cut corners, and give away shite. feel sorry for amy, like she says it was a prize, a free car, and still made her feel down about it, thats how bad it must of been.

It's still at £4800 with 7 hours to go though, I'm wondering if there's £5k worth of goodies you could at least take and put on a decent car... carbon boot/bonnet, ings/do-luck body kit... even for a REALLY bad car £5k seems cheap for a Z. Not that I'll be bidding, I have no time to break cars sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all- Firstly im sorry i just disappeared!! after all your help and thoughts on my situation with that car ...

it got too much and i literally disappeared from any car forum and didnt go to any shows for a long time :( was really upset

outcome- they paid me off to shut me up- another reason i didnt post :(

the car had 4 wheel geom test and is over an inch out whole left hand side. it has many issues and nothing now meets as its bent. i wanted to keep and fix but my garages i trust could not sort it all :( they said they wanted nothing to do with that car ..it was that bad!

so- i sold fto too and paid for deposit on my first flat.

i have a really cool green del sol now- have modified that and although no where near as nice as a 350 would be at least with mortgage i can afford insurance i suppose!!

dunno who bought the zed but i wish them luck ! ill be at most shows with the green del sol- ill prob see alot of you :)

one day i will have a zed lol !!! one day ..... :byebye:

It's still at £4800 with 7 hours to go though, I'm wondering if there's £5k worth of goodies you could at least take and put on a decent car... carbon boot/bonnet, ings/do-luck body kit... even for a REALLY bad car £5k seems cheap for a Z. Not that I'll be bidding, I have no time to break cars sadly.

all carbon was ruined anyway! bootlid was like an orange colour itd gone horrible and bonnet they had cracked very badly !!