RS Tuning UpRev Custom Mapping

SteveW

Hi mate,

That's excellent news!!!

I wasn't sure if when Paul said £50 off if it would be before or after VAT but figured I would put the max it would cost so any extra saving would be a bonus. :thumbs:

Really glad you are happy mate I'm really looking forward to my turn on Monday I will send a PM to all who are on my list.

I'm modded very similar to you so will be interesting to see how are numbers compare. Looks like yours has done well though awesomeness!!!!!!!!

Steve

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for reporting this, it's not a topic I was actively looking at.

Ok, perhaps RS are more expensive than Abbey or others however they are still discounting the price they usually charge. I appreciate the fact they are doing this. You make your own decisions on which traders you use. If you don't like them then don't use that particular trader.

There is NO need to air your grievances in a group buy thread where everyone that is taking part is aware of the costs. They are choosing RS because they have looked at the big picture.

Thanks for reporting this, it's not a topic I was actively looking at.

Ok, perhaps RS are more expensive than Abbey or others however they are still discounting the price they usually charge. I appreciate the fact they are doing this. You make your own decisions on which traders you use. If you don't like them then don't use that particular trader.

There is NO need to air your grievances in a group buy thread where everyone that is taking part is aware of the costs. They are choosing RS because they have looked at the big picture.

+1 Views have been exchanged and now that should be the end of it, so no more please. Thread now tidied up and unlocked. :)

So back on topic please ;)

Thanks mod's :thumbs:

Im hoping for some good results.

I have the thermal plenum spacer, Nismo r-tune intake(not a normal one), Decats, Nismo y-pipe and scorpion exhaust. Hoping to make at least 300hp at the flywheel.

I have the thermal plenum spacer, Nismo r-tune intake(not a normal one), Decats, Nismo y-pipe and scorpion exhaust. Hoping to make at least 300hp at the flywheel.

Will be interested to see your results mate - I think I may copy your exhaust set up if not exactly - very closely! :thumbs:

Last comment to the group before I slip of to netherland tonight, it would be worth having a chat with Paul at RS a day or two before you go, to have a chat about your mods on your car. One of the lads at RS told me about an HKS induction system last year that caused a drop of 12bhp not that would be a bummer? Good night must get my beauty sleep need about 3 days worth after today.

Will be interested to see your results mate - I think I may copy your exhaust set up if not exactly - very closely! :thumbs:

Lol you should dude. One of the nicest sounding I've heard even it wasn't my own. Sounds dynamite under pressure when driving ie from the outside on drive-by aswell

Last comment to the group before I slip of to netherland tonight, it would be worth having a chat with Paul at RS a day or two before you go, to have a chat about your mods on your car. One of the lads at RS told me about an HKS induction system last year that caused a drop of 12bhp not that would be a bummer? Good night must get my beauty sleep need about 3 days worth after today.

I'm pretty confident in my r-tune intake. Cragus has seen it, its not the normal aftermarket one. It was factory ordered with the car. I'm pretty sure the pro's at nismo wouldn't make a blunder which could lose the car power. I love it and even if I don't have as much gains I'd rather have a nice looking engine bay than all they box plastic boxes all over it :lol:

I'm pretty confident in my r-tune intake. Cragus has seen it, its not the normal aftermarket one. It was factory ordered with the car. I'm pretty sure the pro's at nismo wouldn't make a blunder which could lose the car power. I love it and even if I don't have as much gains I'd rather have a nice looking engine bay than all they box plastic boxes all over it :lol:

Hi Neil I know that there isnt a problem, just to put it into perspective the only problem they have had was just that one with an HKS system. No more than a comment for people to contemplate and you are quite right a properly fitted peace of mod will not cause any issues.

Anyway I am going to my secret test road today to give mine the full trials somewhere in the sticks of deeper Lincolnshire. ;)

Hi Neil I know that there isnt a problem, just to put it into perspective the only problem they have had was just that one with an HKS system. No more than a comment for people to contemplate and you are quite right a properly fitted peace of mod will not cause any issues.

Anyway I am going to my secret test road today to give mine the full trials somewhere in the sticks of deeper Lincolnshire. ;)

Sounds like fun :thumbs:

Monday can't come quick enough now.

ALSO

Thank you to the mods for tidying the thread and removing the irelevant material. :#1:

Steve

Right I have now been UpRev tuned.

A massive thank you to Paul at RS :#1:

Proper sound guy, answered all my (possibly stupid) questions.

I had never actually realised how good the car sounds until today having only ever heard it on videos and from the drivers seat but at full chat on the dyno it sounds just how it should :cloud9: (well in my opinion anyway)

So what about the results?????

Well sadly someone had left the stable doors open and 8 ponies had escaped over stock power figures :thumbdown:

Start reading on run 2 was 268BHP run 3 yielded 265BHP and run 1 - 267BHP.

So quite similar.

Peak torque was around 250 foot pound.

Well after mapping I finished up with 279BHP so Paul managed to round up all 8 of the escaped ponies and found 3 more hiding in the bushes.

Whilst power isn't up much over stock its the torque that matters and that is far better! Peak Torque is up around 267 foot pound now. :teeth:

You can feel this difference, however the best part of the map is after 5k to the limiter after about 5K the car comes to life. If you look at the torque curves there is about 20 - 25 foot pound more from 5K to the end and it really tears through this part of the range, love it.

The car also picks up much quicker when low down in the revs, really love second gear now :thumbs:

Overall I am well happy. The difference isn't earth shattering but it makes the car far far better. No idea about better fuel economy as yet as I haven't had my foot off the floor!

Just to reiterate Jeff's comments Paul and the other bloke (sorry can't remember his name) were excellent really know their stuff and I am well happy with the car now. Once again a massive thank you to everyone at RS Tuning for the work and the group buy.

You never know I might even get some decats in the future.......and remap but we'll see.

As you can see as stock the fuelling was all over. I have a very smooth power curve now:

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Does anybody else think people should post the revision of their Z when posting dyno results?

Not sure what you mean ? Its a group buy, the revision is for other members of the group who are still waiting to go for their uprev

I meant DE, 313 GT (HR) etc - anybody else looking at the figures would have no idea what to expect from their car without knowing what the other car was.

Yes its a 2004 UK GT.

276 model.

Only engine mods are, pop charger, plenum spacer, Japspeed Y pipe and bunged K1.

It would have probably made a bit more if I had removed the bungs but I didn't see the point as I drive it with the bungs in all the time.

The K1 is far too loud for me to have as day to day with the bungs out.

Also if I used the standard airbox with a good panel filter it would have made more but the sound from the popcharger is worth the power loss.

I'm enjoying the UpRev more and more the more I drive. Really can tell the difference so much more responsive and pulls a lot harder. :yahoo:

I'm thinking of getting the UpRev done, and just had a couple of questions please?

One - do you have to be more careful when flooring the throttle now? I was just assuming there was a reason why Nissan throttled the power delivery in 1st, 2nd and 3rd..

Two - is it just one map, that's on all the time, or can you turn it off or switch to different modes?

Thanks

Uprev is on all the time, you are not able to switch it off like a revo remap if thats what you are thinking about. Everyone who has had the uprev on their 350z have nothing but good words to say about it.

Steve W, your car sounds good and happy to hear you are happy with it. So hows the mpg these days driving on your daily commute? I have roughly the same mods as you to be interesting to see what power my car makes with the uprev :thumbs:

Dont want to jump in before Steve but I have just done a full tankful since my remap at RS Leeds, I was running rich, and I think, but not confirmed, that I have actually obtained at least an extra 50 miles on a tankful. Happy chappy.

Ps

probably spelt tankfull wrong, hey, ho who cares?

Uprev is on all the time, you are not able to switch it off like a revo remap if thats what you are thinking about. Everyone who has had the uprev on their 350z have nothing but good words to say about it.

Actually, on Gen2 ECU's with cruise control you can have switchable maps. Not that theres much point, unless you want valet mode or girlfriend mode :lol:

Sorry for the late replies folks.

I haven't done a full tank of regular driving yet due to being off work but based upon early indications I';ll be looking at 30 - 50 extra miles pertank if I can stop nailing it everywhere.

2nd gear is my new best friend lol :yahoo::yahoo::thumbs:

As soon as I am back at work and got a good indication I will let you know.

Steve

sounds like you are all happy so far. shame i have missed this,but having just bought the Z and some rather pricey tyres i dont think i would have got in on time anyway. plus i would want to get a few mods on first.

the main thing i would be looking to gain from an uprev is to have the restrictions removed. couple of questions.

after the map does the engine run at full potential in all gears?or do they just raise the limit a bit? and does the uprev remove the 155mph limiter?