RS Tuning UpRev Custom Mapping

SteveW

after the map does the engine run at full potential in all gears?or do they just raise the limit a bit? and does the uprev remove the 155mph limiter?

Yes, uprev removes the 155 limit. Also, the electronic throttle in 1st-3rd is smoothed out which feels unresponsive as standard, Mark@Abbey described it to me like having an elastic throttle cable (others describe it as a restriction on the amount of throttle you can use in those gears) - these restrictions are also removed.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got mine back from having remap done, wow what a diff 21bhp gained, started off 262 so fair bit down on power, paul said tht was due to fuelling being so rich and making it run hot, that soon got sorted and was up to 283 only managed to get 8 runs in thou because he said was gettin far too hot and the risk wouldnt be worth the 3 or 4 extra bhp gained from a few more runs, still not bad for 04, 86000 miles with ebay exhaust, japspeed y pipe, plenum spacer + pop charger. and just to make my day even better popped over to huddersfield to get 4 wheel alignment done on hunter hawk eye system, had some serious issues with alignment it seems but they all fixed. so am v happy rite now and the car feels like a dream. just gotta find the annoying squeek from back now.

Good results billyokco!!!

Mine is an 04 too and you did better than me :thumbs: , I only got 279 lol with pretty much the same mods.

However, I ran the K1 bunged and was told I would get more if I removed them but I didn't see the point seen as the K1 is WAY too loud without the bungs!!!

Welll for my old age anyway! ha ha

Steve

just got mine back from having remap done, wow what a diff 21bhp gained, started off 262 so fair bit down on power, paul said tht was due to fuelling being so rich and making it run hot, that soon got sorted and was up to 283 only managed to get 8 runs in thou because he said was gettin far too hot and the risk wouldnt be worth the 3 or 4 extra bhp gained from a few more runs, still not bad for 04, 86000 miles with ebay exhaust, japspeed y pipe, plenum spacer + pop charger. and just to make my day even better popped over to huddersfield to get 4 wheel alignment done on hunter hawk eye system, had some serious issues with alignment it seems but they all fixed. so am v happy rite now and the car feels like a dream. just gotta find the annoying squeek from back now.

Another satisfied group buyer, about the squeek, I know how to stop it, I let the wife sit in the passenger seat now and wear ear plugs. ;)

:thumbs:

Best modification i have had done to the Zed. Provided you have supporting modifications (see my sig) then the UpRev seems to work nicely with them. My car has 108000 miles on the clock, and is *almost* as fast now as a 309bhp 350z. Acceleration response and feedback were improved, and the car feels even more lively higher up the rev range than it used to do.

After 13 runs (and a big tweak to the air/fuel mixture which was shot to sh1t on the normal map) i was hitting 293bhp at the fly, which i think worked out as a more accurate 244bhp at the hubs (i think - i dont have the graph to hand).

This new map is now the normal map - i have no idea tho if the car's ECU de-learns from this and makes itself slower based on my driving style etc like the normal map and ECU supposedly do. I have NOT done an ECU reset since having it done.

The ONLY fault (and this is nit picking!) after leaving RS Tuning was that the engine missed a few times on the way home when using cruise @ 60mph. Never done it since, so i assume this was to be expected after a new map.

If you have the supporting modifications, get the Upev done. Really no point in having the intake, plenum, exhaust etc if you dont ! The lads at RS know what they are doing :thumbs:

Best modification i have had done to the Zed. Provided you have supporting modifications (see my sig) then the UpRev seems to work nicely with them. My car has 108000 miles on the clock, and is *almost* as fast now as a 309bhp 350z. Acceleration response and feedback were improved, and the car feels even more lively higher up the rev range than it used to do.

After 13 runs (and a big tweak to the air/fuel mixture which was shot to sh1t on the normal map) i was hitting 293bhp at the fly, which i think worked out as a more accurate 244bhp at the hubs (i think - i dont have the graph to hand).

This new map is now the normal map - i have no idea tho if the car's ECU de-learns from this and makes itself slower based on my driving style etc like the normal map and ECU supposedly do. I have NOT done an ECU reset since having it done.

The ONLY fault (and this is nit picking!) after leaving RS Tuning was that the engine missed a few times on the way home when using cruise @ 60mph. Never done it since, so i assume this was to be expected after a new map.

If you have the supporting modifications, get the Upev done. Really no point in having the intake, plenum, exhaust etc if you dont ! The lads at RS know what they are doing :thumbs:

:thumbs: +1 :thumbs:

But no misfire for me.

Been perfect ever since the map, car is currrently getting 25.8mpg on my daily commute before I was only getting 23.5mpg so should be looking at 30 - 40 miles extra per tank, sweeeeeeeeeeet!! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

I went down for a remap on wednesday but been busy since then so just posting up now. When I brought the car, I was told the car had been mapped but I was abit :dry: as it wasnt custom mapped on a rr but instead it was a generic map. My car initially ran a 272bhp and 255lb/ft which means it was down on power as I have premium spacer, kn induction kit, y pipe and full veilside exhaust system. After a few runs, I noticed my exhaust sounded different, more toned and aggressive after Paul have tweaked the remap to my car. In my 11th run, i made 285.4bhp at the fly and 270lb/ft. Thats only half the story as when you look at my graph, it shows my car gaining throughout the rev range from start to finish which is why I wanted the remap in the first place. My car was previously running very rich but now is lean and it shows as my last full tank gave me 400miles when before I only managed 320 miles with mixture of driving and roads. I am very happy with it and its my favourite mod on the car so far :thumbs: My car is 04 plate and has done 56000 miles

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

had a slight problem getting on the rr due to my car being so low :blush:

Good figures on the results Davy! I had major issues getting on the dyno but got there eventually!

Will see you soon for a blast! I'm sure you'll be able to feel the difference! Mines has changed dramatically

• 1 month later...

RS Tuning sorted my Z today with UpRev by Paul and nismo brake lines by Andy - thanks guys, it was good to meet you and interesting to see and hear about all the projects.

As pretty much everyone has posted the result of the UpRev is a car that is much more responsive, much cleaner acceleration from low RPM (especially noticeable on 2nd gear pullaways from ~1500RPM), stronger pull throughout the rev range and it even changes the character of the exhaust note to be more aggressive when you put your foot down!

My only regret is not having it done much earlier, or should I say it not being this way from the factory!

We were all interested to see how the Kinetix SSV was performing, Paul hadn't seen one before and as with nearly all plenums forum opinion is divided to say the least.

Tuning runs:

attachment quote has been reached, so no images

Results:

Before: 285.5bhp @ 6400rpm / 265 torque from 2750 - 5000rpm

236whp

After: 293.0bhp @ 6400rpm / 275 torque from 2650 - 5000rpm

241whp

post-4402-135011911242_thumb.png

15 lb ft torque gain at 2600rpm tailing off to 10 lb ft throughout

post-4402-135011911274_thumb.png

The top end provided by the Kinetix is very clear in comparison to other results on the same dyno, there is no drop off at 6300/6400rpm - it is flat from 6400 to 6800rpm redline, but the real difference is that torque, 275 flat from 2650 - 5000rpm only dropping to 225 at redline, put a smile on both my own and Pauls faces :)

Car was running lean, so at least that comment is true of the Kinetix.

2004 276 GT 35000miles

HKS panel filter Kinetix SSV velocity plenum Kinetix Cats JIC Magic Y-pipe nismo stainless cat back UR crank pulley Performance Friction rotors Ferodo DS2500 pads

$hell v-power

Test drive was fun, there's nothing like being a passenger in your own car on a private test track

Protegimus