RS Tuning UpRev Custom Mapping

SteveW

Hi Steve

Received all your info and I have booked myself in, or should I say the car, for next Wednesday 9th Feb at 1pm. Getting exited now and at my age thats a rare experience :wheelchair:

I'll report back on the car and the experience next week on this thread. :yahoo:

Jeff

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one mate, I'm gonna be booking in later this week when I have got my oil cooler plumbed in and verified it isn't leaking!

Looking forward to seeing your numbers :thumbs: and hearing your experience.

Ha ha I know what you mean about the age thing. . . . . and I'm only 28

Hi Steve

Received all your info and I have booked myself in, or should I say the car, for next Wednesday 9th Feb at 1pm. Getting exited now and at my age thats a rare experience :wheelchair:

I'll report back on the car and the experience next week on this thread. :yahoo:

Jeff

Just keeping this subject live for the group, I think I'm the first to go?

RS tuning here I come tomorrow, follow up when I get back. :D

Im sure these where only £395 INC vat before jan???? + 2.5% vat rise of £9.87 = £404.87 so they have gone up not down!!

someone correct me if im wrong :shrug:

If it stay's at £395 inc vat i might be in :)

Hi Bud

Dont think your quite right, the price was £395 + vat before the increase and stated as such on their website.

However the important thing for us up North is that we are getting it for £424. As you will see from Abbey they charge £404 and trust me for most of us up here that could mean a full tank of petrol to get there and back, £8o plus.

No one has any issues with the quality of product from either Abbey or RS, effectively they are the only tried and tested companies that can offer the service at the moment, its simply its nearer and in the end could end up cheaper. :thumbs::)

Im sure these where only £395 INC vat before jan???? + 2.5% vat rise of £9.87 = £404.87 so they have gone up not down!!

someone correct me if im wrong :shrug:

If it stay's at £395 inc vat i might be in :)

Hi Bud

Dont think your quite right, the price was £395 + vat before the increase and stated as such on their website.

However the important thing for us up North is that we are getting it for £424. As you will see from Abbey they charge £404 and trust me for most of us up here that could mean a full tank of petrol to get there and back, £8o plus.

No one has any issues with the quality of product from either Abbey or RS, effectively they are the only tried and tested companies that can offer the service at the moment, its simply its nearer and in the end could end up cheaper. :thumbs::)

+1000000000000 i would be 2 tanks down and 2 tanks up.

I paid my deposit today, im in on the 11th of march :thumbs:

no ones forcing you mate, id rather spend less over all than travel the extra distance for saving a few quid on map and then spend an extra 200quid on petrol.

What are you trying to achieve by this argument?

i would just like us to pay the same as our southern friends, nowt wrong in that is there?

Without being rude your original comment was incorrect about the vat. Everythings a moot point after that, yes its dearer at face value but thats crazy because some people when the day is done will have paid between £80 to to £140+ extra to save £20, its a no brainer. If it cheaper for you to go to Abbey then do that, dead simple really. :thumbs:

Without being rude your original comment was incorrect about the vat. Everythings a moot point after that, yes its dearer at face value but thats crazy because some people when the day is done will have paid between £80 to to £140+ extra to save £20, its a no brainer. If it cheaper for you to go to Abbey then do that, dead simple really. :thumbs:

+1 For the sake of 25quid or something?? If you don't want to pay it then don't. So simples :shrug:

The price of the UpREV at RS Tuning has been £395 + VAT ever since I started looking back in 2010.

There are many factors that can influence how much something costs.

For a start I'm pretty sure Abbey do people off here a deal anyway.

Secondly the price is dictated by the running costs of the various places, i.e. heating, lighting, power to run the kit etc etc and margins. Economies of scale also play a big part in prices. Why do you think Dell are loads cheaper than getting the same Laptop built by a small shop down the road?

It could well be that RS Tuning have to pay more for certain things than Abbey, who knows.

Its kind of like saying Clothing Shop A should charge exactly the same as Clothing Shop B for the same jacket or Safestyle should charge exactly the same for double glazing as 'Local Town' trade windows as we all know this isn't the case.

Like has been previosuly said if you aren't happy with the prices go to Abbey but as Neil has pointed out it would be at least a tank - tank and a half for me plus the hassle and time.

I would still go to RS Tuning even if he wasn't doing us the Group Buy price.

Steve

Hi All

Should be able to put some things to bed now on how the thread has twisted and turned so hold on to your seats this will be a long one.

I have just returned from Paul at RS tuning and I said I would give some feedback on mine and the cars experience.

Right first the great news about the price, Steve take this nicely, I don't want you as my financial advisor :lol: , the actual price is £414 the figures are £345 Plus vat. So we have saved a bit more only £12 more than going down south that might please a certain contributor to this thread ?

The trip over was nice and steady to Leeds,that was a change, the good thing is that the post code for the outlet was spot on and the code will take you literally to the door step but watch out after the last roundabout when it says take the first left it means that it doesnt look like a side road at first. The garage is on a typical trading estate in the shadows of Armley jail a place I know fairly well I have worked there, not lived in there!!

The reception was welcoming and both staff were very pleasant and helpful,if you want to leave for a walk or foood you will find the city centre 10-15 mins away and the canal walk is just behind the garage they will tell you how to get to them. Otherwise you are perfectly welcome to stay and watch the work being done. The unit is a single bay and that means all hands are on your car at one time. There is a comfortable waiting room for those that may want to crash out. I popped into the centre and when I came back under 2 hours later it had all been done,so I missed all the work being done. I asked if that was normal, because I have heard of others taking over 4 hours.

Two hours is what it should take and my car with a JWT pop charger, plenum spacer and scorpion exhaust was a perfectly normal set up for the uprev and the results were good.

Paul took me round the block and as a passenger you could tell the difference, then we swapped over and it was my turn. Well all I can say is that when you have yours done its worth every penny. All the comments you have heard from others are understated because you need to drive the car to feel and hear the difference :yahoo: . The exhaust had a deeper growl, not louder or chavvy, the torque is there through the gear changes, its faster through them and yes fuel consumption is up, but who cares about that.

On the return jouney to Lincoln I came back on the A1 what a mistake I was hoping to see how it performed (perfectly legally officer). I went up there on the motorways but the 2 lane A1 was clogged up with boy racer lorry drivers doing 54.99999 miles an hour overtaking other lorries doing 54.99998. Main tip of the day stay away from this moving car park.

Nearly forgot, as a lay man, the subject of the licence came up for the uprev and I asked for more info. It appears that to do an uprev and I think this includes Abbey as well they have to pay a fee of around £140ish, thats included in the full figures that has been quoted. I think that puts it into perspective that the price is quite reasonable with this included.

The licence is for the car not you and if you have any further uprevs etc done you will only need to pay the going rate that does not include another licence fee. You would also be able, if you moved south to go to Abbey for the work to be done on your car licence, there you go.

Finally Paul was saying he has done nearly 50 z's in uprevs and is looking forward to the other group members that have booked in to see him and passed his compliments on.

Well thats about all, know doubt I have forgot some things but at my age I wont remember that :wheelchair: If I have done this right one of the graphs should be below and I will follow up with another one because I cannot work out how to get two on in one go. If someone wants to tutor me I would be happy with that. Cheers all, what a great day and yes I do have a smile stuck to my face :D .

8vz29w.jpg

Second graph.

Steve do you have a PM list to tell the group that Ive posted this, thats if you think its any good and I take back my comments about your maths, mind you I cant say much, dont know how to put two of these on :lol:

16gmn4o.jpg