My exhaust has become loud and chavvy...

djrm

Hi guys!

Got in the car last night and drove home from a gig and noticed that the car was sounding a bit louder than usual... A lot louder in fact, pulled over and revved it a bit and it's really loud and crackles on lift-off.... It sounds like I have had some silly chav exhaust fitted! lol...

I know it's probably a hole due to rust and I havn't had a chance to look properly yet but is there anything suspect I should look for?

Thanks!

Ryan B)

Haha I love how everyone has the same mind-set as me... Could be fixed for cheap but nooooo let's upgrade it! B)

I'm not sure I want to be spending any money on the car that I don't have to at the moment... I am trying very hard to save money!

I will take it down to my exhaust place and get them to check it over :)

Thanks! B)

Whatever you do, do not buy a back box from Nissan. Will be miles cheaper buying a K2 or similar.

Totally agree, I had exactly the same problem when my exhaust went at the joint to the back box. Went to Nissan and they wanted nearly 600 to install a new back box. Decided to dig a little deeper to upgrade to a proper exhaust. After going to meet zugara, spursmaddave, glrnet and doogyrev to see the different exhaust I joined them with a miltek and never looked back. Take it as a positive and upgrade :teeth:

Are you sure some "Do as you likie" hasnt nicked your cat's. Very common problem. :lol:

Joking aside afriend of mine just found out that whilst parked in Tesco, someone cut what they obviously thought was the cat off.

They are gonna feel a bit dumb when they reakise it was an intermediate silencer. :headhurt:

D***heads. :wacko: