japspeed y pipe rant ! anyone have the same issues

quick wheels

i wouldn't have bought japseye speed stuff in the first place; several cases of poor fitment issues on exhaust back boxes etc and i believe they even blamed the OEM bumper cutouts for the poor alignment of one of their exhausts.

bin it and buy something decent

just my 2p's worth

i think the chilli store might be able to help you out. for some reason i have a complete mind blank on tuner brands tonight; but i know husky was looking at a particular one and he is very picky with what goes on his car. drop him a pm and i'm sure he'd tell you.

Motordyne XYZ pipe for me - going strong and still looks brand new since June of last year. Can't fault it, sounds great and does the job!

Although I have JapSpeed de-cats, although what's to go wrong with a section of metal, apart from holes, although all in all no issues in the slightest.

Motordyne XYZ pipe for me - going strong and still looks brand new since June of last year. Can't fault it, sounds great and does the job!

Although I have JapSpeed de-cats, although what's to go wrong with a section of metal, apart from holes, although all in all no issues in the slightest.

im using japspeed decats also, i use the nismo y-pipe which is a bit of a failure, cost almost 200quid to get fixed and fitted. I used to have a k1, the fitting was slightly off. Very glad i sold it for the scorpion tbh

Mark @ Abbey wanted to fit the Berks although couldn't get hold of them, to be fair I'm happy with these JS decats. But, what if I'd heard the Berks, would I be talking differently now?

Saying that had I been granted the Berks the bill would have been a little higher, so glad of the Japspeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Japspeed have been hit and miss and u have been lucky I guess! Got y-pipi, k1 and short shifter all over 1.5yrs and all working and had no fitting issues B) mind though you I had to bend an exhaust hanger to correct a slight tail pipe height disparity in relation to the bumper.

I would'nt trust them with headers etc though because if it cracked it will be a costly PITA to change that you may have got a quality one in the first place :p

Japspeed have been hit and miss and u have been lucky I guess! Got y-pipi, k1 and short shifter all over 1.5yrs and all working and had no fitting issues B) mind though you I had to bend an exhaust hanger to correct a slight tail pipe height disparity in relation to the bumper.

I would'nt trust them with headers etc though because if it cracked it will be a costly PITA to change that you may have got a quality one in the first place :p

with a likely 12 hour fitting cost to pay for i'd want to know what went in was not going to go tits up after 12 months. because you'd need to pay for another 24 hours of labour to repair the issue plus proper parts on top.