Leather repair... Midlandsmars

slimjim

Anyone used these guys? http://www.midlandsmars.co.uk

They are coming round today to look at my seats and give me an estimate on what they can do and how much it will be.

The seats are just on the cusp of being what I would call "bad" ... so I want to catch them before they go.

Anyone any idea how much this kind of thing costs? If it is worth it?

Cheers Chris....

HOURS of time spent.... Don't think I have the patience to spend that long with a toothbrush :D

Plus as you can see from the photo's the leather is actually damaged in a few places, not just cracked.

Will see what this guy says this morning... :thumbs:

Cheers Chris....

HOURS of time spent.... Don't think I have the patience to spend that long with a toothbrush :D

Plus as you can see from the photo's the leather is actually damaged in a few places, not just cracked.

Will see what this guy says this morning... :thumbs:

They sound pretty good, let us know how you get on as I am thinking of treating my seats to some love. that paint protection film also sounds pretty good.

The guy is here... looked at it and said £150 for the lot.

He is getting on with it now, so I will let you know how it goes.....

Thats not a bad price, is that for the whole drivers seat and gear knob??

Nope... that is for "all" the damaged leather... drivers side bolsters, passenger side bolsters, gear stick, handbrake and steering wheel!

He isn't treating where is doesn't need it.... but is doing everywhere else.

Nope... Didn't see what he used... I was in my office working. Damn work!

Gotta say it's the dogs danglies though.... Looks a little more orange in the photo's than it is.

He mixed up the colour by eye, so it matched was IS there, rather than the "original" colour.

Plus he put a clear finishing 'glaze' over everything to get it to stay looking good for as long as possible.

It's now dry to the tough, but he says to leave it to dry for as long as possible. Preferably 3-4 hours.

Im probably going to leave it for at least 2-3 days anyway.

Really pleased with the results, get what you pay for! B)

VERY happy with it...

Had another look this morning and the colour matches even BETTER now than it did last night.

When the guy left, he said he was going to J1 on the M45 to do ANOTHER 350Z! Some bloke had got in it with these stupid "stylish" jeans on and ripped the leather.

He said the WORST thing you can wear in light leather seats is jeans. The colour transfer is scary. :ban: JEANS!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
When the guy left, he said he was going to J1 on the M45 to do ANOTHER 350Z! Some bloke had got in it with these stupid "stylish" jeans on and ripped the leather.

He said the WORST thing you can wear in light leather seats is jeans. The colour transfer is scary. :ban: JEANS!

What an improvement!!!! B)

Over 7 years ago now, when I took a few 350 demo's for a spin, two had the tan leather, almost brand new, but the leather had the jeans transfer colour already and was looking a tad shabby. Main reason I stipulated the charcoal leather.

Definite bonus not having to reupholster!

My dad had Ivory leather in a jag XJ and then cream leather in a range rover. He wears jeans quite often....... I got the job of cleaning the leather in those cars! :surrender::headhurt: