Prices a bit all over the place?

Waitey

After deciding that I'd like a Z I've been scouring the ad's to see what you can get for about £9k and well prices are all over the place for UK cars.

There are 53 plate mid mileage cars @ £10k but yet some are £8k

This super cheap and low mileage 04 plate http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2380110.htm

There was even an 55 plate on 110k for £9200.

I know we all try and keep prices up but there really is a huge spread in Z pricing when there is very little difference in spec.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll always have the ones who want a quick sale so have very low prices and those that are overly optimistic.

i've been looking at r32's list price in most car places is 6.5k for a good one, but the crap one sstart at about 8k and go up from there. they are all overpriced.

found loads of jdm zeds from 6k up as well. they are getting very cheap now.

There are some dogs out there. Some dealers use generic pics instead of ones of the actual car.

We see a lot of happy buyers on here but others have experience of being shown some real sheds.

I think a trawl through the for sale section on here will give you an idea of the realistic prices for year/mileage/condition. :)

I think people are getting hit by the high running costs and struggling to sell hence some cheap prices. Others who bought high and don't need a quick sale and also dealers still on the high side.

Don't be put of by high mileage the engine is bulletproof, clutches go pretty regular anyway only weak point is the gearbox really...

Good time to get a bargain, just don't expect to get top whack for the RR at the moment...

Saw 4 at dealers - all pricey and looked immaculate but turned out to be utter sheds.

Bought 1 blind from a dealer in Scotland at a bargain price and turned out to be better than I could of expected.

You just don't know without seeing them unfortunately........someone who needs the cash might be selling cheap - someone with a dog might not want to sell quick and keeps the price high.

The 90 squid for a tank of fuel might see prices nosedive this year.

Don't forget buying a forum car means you can at least research some of its history from the posts on here. ;)

I don't expect top whack for the range rover especially since I paid next to nothing for it. Still being freshly serviced, painted and with the twin tank LPG system on it, it should go fairly well.

I'll be looking to buy as soon as the range goes, so most likely the end of the month Ian.

I flippin hope my HR is still worth more than 10k in a year! But ya prices are all over the place, but so are the condition of the cars! I always dont mind paying a little more for the car that YOU want, be it the colour,spec, condition, and milage. If you want a a bargain then you will have to comprimise on some of the above :thumbs:

I flippin hope my HR is still worth more than 10k in a year! But ya prices are all over the place, but so are the condition of the cars! I always dont mind paying a little more for the car that YOU want, be it the colour,spec, condition, and milage. If you want a a bargain then you will have to comprimise on some of the above :thumbs:

i meant under 10k :) there was an uk 07 hr in mint con with 23,000 went in auction for £11,360 last month,silly tax disc & rising fuel is killing the market,within 2 years a 05/55 will be worth more than a 06/56 due to the tax bracket.

Why would someone auction it when that crap web site - we buy any car - would have given more for it? There are some bargains to be had , thats for sure but a decent HR at the moment seems to be around 14+k so in a year i reckon they will ( mine also) should be worth 11-12k with 25k miles on. But saying that you never know whats round the corner :wacko: We all know you love a bargain ;)

As for the 05-55 being worth more that 06-56 in 2 years , really cant see that as its only £200 you are talking about and people will always want a newer car rather than an older one. :boxing:

i cant speak for other buyers, but i like big engines and perofrmance, so in order to still have that i now only look at cars pre 2006 for the lower tax.

or the new car has to have emissions that put it in the 245 a year bracket.

i like my cars but i'll only line the government coffers so much. its part of what put me off the zed ownership. and with all the other costs and people haveing generally less in their pockets than normal it will have an effect.

on the zed the power difference between a HR and a pre 06 is almost impossible to notice in general performance. put them both on a track and they'll cross the line at almost the same time, think there would be no more that about 1/2 a car length in it if that.

if there were 2 identical zeds but one was prefacelift, i'd get that one.

and if you take into account the drivers are getting younger on here all the time, there insurance isn't cheap and some do it on a very fine budget. the extra 500 can mean alot.

i looed at the mk5 golf r32 and the 55 plate and pre o6 ones are like hens teeth, very few come up that have the DSG box.

As you know i like a bargain ;) The car was a finance repo,the only down side was it came with 1 key ,there was no history,proberly was history but the buyer would have to try & track it down.ive seen a few hr's on autotrader between 12-13k though,great car to own not so great to sell :thumbs:

Ya fair enough, but still cant really see why people would be put off a 06 for the sake of 2 tanks worth of petrol difference :dry: All in all though most sports cars have suffered as everything has gone stupid expensive now! I only have a year left with my zed as i will sell when kids come along :thumbdown: Will worry about how much i have lost then :byebye:

Had a negative experience with a Zed in Burton-on-Trent, still bitter I guess.

i saw a bad condition one in burton on trent a couple of months ago before i got mine, wonder if it was the same one - gm gt really bad bodywork, alloys fooked and clicking rear axel by any chance? the seller reckoned it was mint.... :lol:

Had a negative experience with a Zed in Burton-on-Trent, still bitter I guess.

i saw a bad condition one in burton on trent a couple of months ago before i got mine, wonder if it was the same one - gm gt really bad bodywork, alloys fooked and clicking rear axel by any chance? the seller reckoned it was mint.... :lol:

Didn't see it myself, got an AA inspection, he said it had been in a crash, all the off side had been repaired. Was it at Riverside car sales?