18" wheel offset

morgan25

Hi

I am looking into changing my Rays for another set of 18" rims i want to keep the standard tyre size but i am a bit or should i say a lot confused about offset.

Which would be the best or near best off set to fill the arches, i have been looking at Rotas and Ultralites.

Thank

Stu

stance is a function of wheel width and offset, nothing to do with wheel diameter since rolling radius needs to be maintained at all times ............. the general consensus is that stance is good with standard Rays and 20/25 spacers .............. so aim for that with the new wheels (but with good offsets rather than poor offsets plus spacers) and all will be well :thumbs:

I have a calculator if you'd like to specify the wheels you're after

Standard Rays Wheels

Front Size: 18 x 8.0

Offset: + 30 mm

Weight: 18.19 lbs

Tyre: 225/45/18

Rear Size: 18 x 8.5

Offset: + 33 mm

Weight: 18.62 lbs

Tyre: 245/45/18

So for good stance with standard sized wheels and tyres you'd be looking for:

Front Size: 18 x 8.0

Offset: + 10 mm

Tyre: 225/45/18

Rear Size: 18 x 8.5

Offset: + 8 mm

Tyre: 245/45/18

Sorry if i sound dumb but what is that in et for example the Atec II are front 18"X8.5" 27et or 35et and rears are 18"x 9.5" with a et of 35. How would these ranges fit the Zed?

ah we're getting the spec now ........ I can tell you but you'll have to wait till I'm sober which may be tomorrow ............ for now ET is the same as offset

and seeing as you're increasing the wheel width, you may wish to consider wider tyres (with lower profile)

or as an alternative .............. buy wheels and tyres as below in my sig which will give you all you're asking for without the hassle of will it/won't it ?

If you mean flush, mine are 10.5 et 18 at the back and imho they're pretty much flush. However, filling the arches, 18"s imho won't do that even with lowering but that's just my opinion.

Also, if you want to keep the tyre size and be flush, think the standard rays are +33 and 8.5, soooo.... quite large spacers?

Ahh, but seeing 9.5 on the back, you'll be running a bit of stretch also on the 245's.

For the 8.5/9.5 imho you really want very low offsets to keep it flush, or you could use spacers.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

To get 8.5/9.5 in about 9.5 +17/10.5 +18 flush you're talking +4, +5.

For ref, imho this is flush enough:

VolkGTS4.jpg

VolkGTS3.jpg

I'm sure ian will be along with some hellaflush wheels :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted this actually:

19x9.5 ET0 front, 19x10.5 ET -25 rear

1236653786.jpg

19x9.5 ET0 front, 19x10 ET -25 rear

1231730030.jpg

and if you dont like tyre stretch:

19x9.5 +2 with 255 front tyre, 19x10.5 +12 with 275 rear tyre

1243310014.jpg

Id be looking at getting to the equivalent of a 9.5 ET5 and 10.5 ET-5 at the very minimum myself.

I always wonder why wheels and tyres use a combination of metric and imperial measurements - as an engineer I'd be shot if I did that :lol:

My favourite is the weather - if its hot then its Farenheit, when its cold its Celcius. Wheres the breaking point? :headhurt:

19x9.5 ET0 front, 19x10.5 ET -25 rear

1236653786.jpg

19x9.5 ET0 front, 19x10 ET -25 rear

1231730030.jpg

and if you dont like tyre stretch:

19x9.5 +2 with 255 front tyre, 19x10.5 +12 with 275 rear tyre

1243310014.jpg

Id be looking at getting to the equivalent of a 9.5 ET5 and 10.5 ET-5 at the very minimum myself.

The stance looks very cool, but seriously, do these people drive anywhere or do they have hydraulics or what? :shrug:

Stance whore ;):lol::lol:

Mind you, I do like the looks of what appear to be the project kics r26 lug nuts.

Dont tell anyone what they costs FFS. :blush::D

The Americans do run much lower than we do, they dont have bumps but the white car isnt any lower than mine I wouldnt have said. I do get near constant grief from proper stance whores that mine is too high, but when it comes to a choice between looking awesome on the drive or actually being able to drive it I know which I prefer. :thumbs:

Dont tell anyone what they costs FFS. :blush::D

The Americans do run much lower than we do, they dont have bumps but the white car isnt any lower than mine I wouldnt have said. I do get near constant grief from proper stance whores that mine is too high, but when it comes to a choice between looking awesome on the drive or actually being able to drive it I know which I prefer. :thumbs:

They're as cheap as chips :lol: Especially the neo chros. A few of my oem ones are looking a bit rusty :lol: Would muteki be baller enough though compared to kics? :lol:

With the state of the high street as it is currently, even a 4x4 would bottom out :lol: