Son needs some part-time work

Ebized

My youngest son (31) decided earlier this year he wanted to be his own boss as a black cabbie in London and is part-way through "The Knowledge" surviving on his g/f, the odd job and me to fund his career change (from IT support). Goal is to be cabbing in time for the 2012 Olympics.

He has been doing house renovations and the like but that has dried up and despite endless online applications for driving/IT and anything really, is getting zero offers. Given he is available to work flexible/unsociable hours it is surprising and more than a little frustrating.

So if anyone out there might know of some temporary work that is available in the South/Central London area to save his old man worrying himself to death and going broke :blush: ) please pm me :thumbs:

Thanks.

Get him to register with an agency called best connection. Few lads I know from the army have registered with them after leaving. They are a good company and always looking workers if your reliable. They are spread all over the UK and all above board with pay and allowances.

I work with Best Connection Colin but unless your son has an HGV licence then he is no use to me I'm afraid...

No HGV licence Dave, but a clean driving licence and has a moped for the Knowledge, so good for courier work given what he has already learnt about London's streets.

Not sure if is prepared to go as far as wearing stockings Dave, but if means some earnings ;):surrender:

I work with Best Connection Colin but unless your son has an HGV licence then he is no use to me I'm afraid...

No HGV licence Dave, but a clean driving licence and has a moped for the Knowledge, so good for courier work given what he has already learnt about London's streets.

Not sure if is prepared to go as far as wearing stockings Dave, but if means some earnings ;):surrender:

Courier work sounds good, I would however avoid stockings as some employers may not approve...

Sorry to hear that Colin hope he finds something soon?

Why doesn't he contact his old boss and do contracting for him at a reduce rate? IT should be easy enough to find London way, I always get sodding phone calls about IT jobs there! Not sure I would spend the money on HgV license most companies won't accept you unless you have driven so many hours anyway? My mate is an HGV driver and was lucky the company he works for trained him up well- Wincanton logistics.

Mart try here to set up your site I know it says for british business bit they are not fussed, there is a web building tool on there I think, should be easy enough and you get a free domain name.

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/?utm_source=googl ... %20website

A mate of mine works for plumb centre here in oxford but has moved off to deliver parts in london as they were wanting more drivers there.. may be a long shot but could work out well? try plumbcentre, plumb base and private traders as they all deliver on site..

• 1 month later...