Advice needed

JetSet

Just noticed that the Headlight washer covers on Caroline's Roadster are stuck in the out position. We think that she may have inadvertently pushed the button when she filled up with petrol yesterday. I given them a gentle push but they won't go back in. Bearing in mind its -4 here, is it just best to leave them or should I apply a bit of heat to get them back in? Will leaving them out attract grit, salt and dirt?

Thanks,

Pete

O.K, Cheers,

i posted a thread about this the other day. They'll go back in on there own i poured some warm water on them as well which helped.

Common problem i think. :angry:

Just read through the thread, thought it might make it worse if I poured water on them so I've sprayed them both with WD 40.

Pete

Hi Pete,

This happened to me on the way into work a couple of weeks ago... I believe it happened when I had my dipped on and pressed the screenwash as the first squirt on dipped also does the headlights.

Anyway I went to check on them to figure out what to do an hour or so later when it was light and they had reset on their own with the "warmth" of the sun so they shouldnt need much.

I've yet to see either of your cars around Chester :-(

Maybe the screenwash additive is not sufficient for the particularly cold conditions we are having, especially in the rural areas, is partly to bame?

Because the headlight washers automatically work if your headlights are on and the wipers are used, we know how a weak concentrate spray can immediately freeze on hitting the screen, then chances are anything that comes out the headlight washers will also immediately freeze? A hairdryer should at least help to re-seat the washers.

O.K, I added some windscreen screenwash yesterday, yikes, it was nearly empty :blush: . I'm not expecting it to thaw out any time soon, it was down to -11 last night and its only at -5 right now. Caroline finishes work today for a couple of weeks so I'll try a liitle gentle heat on them tomorrow.

I've yet to see either of your cars around Chester :-(

Very rarely get beyond The Greyhound and Caroline uses The Post House park and ride when she goes.

Pete

With regards to having to top up the washer bottle... I top mine up, leave it a minute and find it's gone down quite a bit as there's trapped air in the bottle.

it usually take another litre or two when i do this... i thought I was topping up far to regularly.