van writen off!

iain10101

Yesterday afternoon we had a small amount of snow and the ground was already frozen, so as you can imagine it was like a skating rink. I had to travel about 12 miles home from peacehaven to eastbourne. It took me over two hours to get back onto the outskirts of eastbourne. I was sitting on a main road at a crossroad in traffic minding my own business. Some old boy in a toyota yaris flew out of a sideroad and was hit at about 30 mph by another idiot in a sprinter van, straight on the drivers door! As it seemed that it wasnt enough to only write off the yaris he of course careered into the front of my van damaging the front bumper, both lights pointing the wrong way, completely ripped off the front manifold etc. 'One bunus, now sounds like a sports car'. Also the yaris was pushed down the road a bit and also hit my van. Luckily enough its a company van and everyone was ok. Just suffering from frostbite after waiting over 2 hours for the plod to arrive in -6. Just goes to show it is all the other idiots on the road that cause the problems. I feel your pain liam and wasso, i hope that this list of accidents doesent get bigger..

I am still totally gobsmacked that the amount of idiots who still drive right up behind you even with the roads like an icerink. We were nearly side swiped by a goon in his 4x4 this afternoon, like you we were waiting at a junction waiting to cross,bearing in mind we had taken some 40yards to stop,and this goon came up behind us,too fast,realised he wasn't going to stop,obviously hit his brakes and went into a spin, the slow motion set in and i braced my wife for impact. Lady luck must have been looking down on us today. How he missed us is anyone's guess. His bonnet ended up facing the passenger door on our vw bug. I just had to give him the w4nker signal to which he shrugged his shoulders.

Good job you wernt injured.

I am still totally gobsmacked that the amount of idiots who still drive right up behind you even with the roads like an icerink. We were nearly side swiped by a goon in his 4x4 this afternoon, like you we were waiting at a junction waiting to cross,bearing in mind we had taken some 40yards to stop,and this goon came up behind us,too fast,realised he wasn't going to stop,obviously hit his brakes and went into a spin, the slow motion set in and i braced my wife for impact. Lady luck must have been looking down on us today. How he missed us is anyone's guess. His bonnet ended up facing the passenger door on our vw bug. I just had to give him the w4nker signal to which he shrugged his shoulders.

Good job you wernt injured.

Totally agree :rant:

Considering it was snowing heavily up here left work early due to the state of the roads, coming over the Erskine Bridge in RH lane as LH lane goes to Glasgow the other to Greenock when this w4nker in a BMW 330 came right up onto my bumper put on hazards which had no effect temporarily moved to the LH lane and the idiot sped past, gave him a nice gesture and he proceeded to cut back across into the LH lane to turn off for Erskine about 200yds up the road. Considering he was driving a rear wheel drive car and the turn off is a really tight left hand bend and it was snowing, I was hoping the Tube spun off. :angry:

Indeed liam, was sorry to hear that at least it wasnt the beast! Im guessing the wifey wasnt too impressed? The roads, to be honest down here are atrocious. Really. I can see why the met office issues warnings. I attempted to go to blockbuster last night in the st200 and stood little to no chance, i valliantly drove the 1 mile journey at 10mph all the way and still lost control several times. Needless to say i will be at home for the day as we had a heavy frost over night. If i get out i will but some ice skates, lol. The old boy in the yaris that caused the accident went out for some milk just in case he got snowed in! Old peeps+cars....... Fail Old peeps+cars+snow..... No brainer really!

Indeed liam, was sorry to hear that at least it wasnt the beast! Im guessing the wifey wasnt too impressed? The roads, to be honest down here are atrocious. Really. I can see why the met office issues warnings. I attempted to go to blockbuster last night in the st200 and stood little to no chance, i valliantly drove the 1 mile journey at 10mph all the way and still lost control several times. Needless to say i will be at home for the day as we had a heavy frost over night. If i get out i will but some ice skates, lol. The old boy in the yaris that caused the accident went out for some milk just in case he got snowed in! Old peeps+cars....... Fail Old peeps+cars+snow..... No brainer really!

Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to the weather Iain, but as Sarnie Lexx and Wasso have found recently, sometimes it dosen't matter how good, or young, or old the driver is, we can all get caught out. It really means that average or poor drivers in good driving conditions become a much greater liability, when the weather turns for the worse.

Saying that as I'm not sure what you are classing as old :surrender::lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to the weather Iain, but as Sarnie Lexx and Wasso have found recently, sometimes it dosen't matter how good, or young, or old the driver is, we can all get caught out. It really means that average or poor drivers in good driving conditions become a much greater liability, when the weather turns for the worse.

Saying that as I'm not sure what you are classing as old :surrender::lol: :lol:

Sorry fella, im talking at least 45. lol

Ha hahahaha No, old as in 80's, the ones that know they shouldnt be driving but do it anyway!

So sorry to hear that mate... SO bad when it's not your fault AT ALL... You can be as careful as you want but in the end it's down to other people as well!

I drove to my Sat Night DJ gig last night at an average speed of 22mph on an A road! Took me an hour longer than usual but I arrived there and back in one peice... just lucky I didn't encounter any idiots...

Hope you get it all sorted ;)