Vortech Supercharger

Spill

My zed is finally back on the road and running as it should do, just thought I'd share my dyno :teeth:

dyno_11-10-06.jpg

Specs

Vortech Supercharger

Unichip

Walbro fuel pump

APS Plenum

APS Oil pan

NGK One step colder plugs

RC550cc injectors

FCD

Stainless Steel braided fuel lines.

My zed is finally back on the road and running as it should do, just thought I'd share my dyno :teeth:

dyno_11-10-06.jpg

Specs

Vortech Supercharger

Unichip

Walbro fuel pump

APS Plenum

APS Oil pan

NGK One step colder plugs

RC550cc injectors

FCD

Stainless Steel braided fuel lines.

Not jealous one bit B)

Whats the real @ wheels power now?

Cheers guys it's took a while but definitely worth it :teeth:

clutch going in next and then need to find a way to stop her brembos & HP+ are just not up to it

Rob don't have the figures but on my previous two dyno runs transmisson loss was 16.5% and 17% so would have thought approx 337 @ Wheels

Ah shame - supprised that you are not shown the @ wheels power as this is whats really measured and the best thing to use when doing comparisons. Always been warey of the various coast down methods etc used to work out transmission loss and guess the power @ fly (which doesn't really matter)

Petes car produces 339.7 BHP at the wheels. This is not to be confused with the American whp which is usually the flywheel power as measured by a rolling road. In the UK the only group we have encountered so far that works only in ATW figures are the Mitsubishi Lancer Register frequenters.

Cheers

Allan

Pretty impressive. Cost compared to the APS twin turbo setup...?

I would have thought about £2K less, must admit the TT is a tidier setup and the vortech is noisy but I didn't want the aggressive TT feel

Cheers allan for clarification

Pretty impressive. Cost compared to the APS twin turbo setup...?

I would have thought about £2K less, must admit the TT is a tidier setup and the vortech is noisy but I didn't want the aggressive TT feel

Cheers allan for clarification

Nearer £3K for a correct setup - the install is lengthier with the APS also.

• 1 month later...

There's some decent audio amongst the video clips I posted just before last week, showing it idling in the engine bay and the noise from the cabin. This was *prior* to swapping exhausts so it's a fair bit quieter in the cabin now.

You'll find it's the thread in 'Videos' that Val locked :D

Absolutely :D

I have some issues with stability at very high speeds though, but they're not SC related (with the exception of the fact that it's the Vortech that is making me want to go at those speeds :D :D :D )

PS - if you'd have come to Newbury on Friday I could have taken you for a blast in it ;)

• 4 years later...