370 True Top Speed?

The G Man

Ok we know that the 370 is electronically limited to 155mph, apparantly, not having tested this capability. But does anyone know of the true top speed and if so, can you back it up with any solid, attributable evidence?

Having a bit of a top trumps discussion with a Focus RS300 owner, which has an apparant top speed is 163, and is not limited, that's it!

im sure with the standard box on the 350z if you have enough power its good for 200mph, plenty of vids at 175 etc

i reckon standard you struggle to push 170 in the 370z due to wind resistance etc...

it takes a while to reach 155mph with standard power, once you go by 140 i reckon theres a massive drop in the rate of increase of speed.

Ok we know that the 370 is electronically limited to 155mph, apparantly, not having tested this capability.

And why not?!! Get on with it man...think the M90 is petty clear right now :lol::lol::lol:

Shame the straights at Knockers aren't a bit longer and you could go find out for yourself ;)

Mibees B) Done Knockers a few times in my Rex :)

Got a "Help for Heroes" track day at RAF Valley in Wales next year and the 370 is up against the RS, both on the circuit and the main runway, fastest speed on the main runway to be ajudicated by the RAF Police with their radar guns B).

There may be a thread going up for this, depends on the take up and, no I can't get you invites to Wills and Kate's wedding :p .

I don't think it'll be a problem on either the circuit or the "drag race" to beat it as I know the RS drivers capability and mine B) but I don't know at the mo whether we'll run out of runway before I hit 155 and can safely brake, or he can hit his reputed 163, doubt any of us will get very close.

What I do know is, he's doin' my fechin head in with his shopping trolley stats :lol:

Mibees B) Done Knockers a few times in my Rex :)

Got a "Help for Heroes" track day at RAF Valley in Wales next year and the 370 is up against the RS, both on the circuit and the main runway, fastest speed on the main runway to be ajudicated by the RAF Police with their radar guns B).

There may be a thread going up for this, depends on the take up and, no I can't get you invites to Wills and Kate's wedding :p .

I don't think it'll be a problem on either the circuit or the "drag race" to beat it as I know the RS drivers capability and mine B) but I don't know at the mo whether we'll run out of runway before I hit 155 and can safely brake, or he can hit his reputed 163, doubt any of us will get very close.

What I do know is, he's doin' my fechin head in with his shopping trolley stats :lol:

You'll have him no problem on the circuit - especially if we do a few mini hoons as practice ;):lol:

According to the oracle that is EVO:

RS = 300bhp@6500rpm & 324lbs @ 2300rpm & top speed 163 & 0-60 in 5.9 (he's going to spend all his time changing gear)

370 = 326bhp @ 7000rpm & 269lbs @ 5200rpm & top speed 155 & 0-60 5.4

you can drag the arse off him - just set the synchro rev up :shrug:

According to the oracle that is EVO:

RS = 300bhp@6500rpm & 324lbs @ 2300rpm & top speed 163 & 0-60 in 5.9 (he's going to spend all his time changing gear)

370 = 326bhp @ 7000rpm & 269lbs @ 5200rpm & top speed 155 & 0-60 5.4

you can drag the arse off him - just set the synchro rev up :shrug:

And quite a few journos have done sub-5 0-60 too :teeth: I did a cheeky 0-60 over my OBDII connection and it gave me 5.7 up a slight hill :lol:

Make sure you have intake and exhaust mods G Man that will up your HP a bit more too - unlike the 350z which tried to resist mods - the 370z loves them ;)

Yup, looking at the thread with the Stillen mods and dyno results is interesting. Ideally I'll have something done by then but I don't think that it will be imperative to give him a good thrashing :boxing:

Has no one had the electronic limiter removed then? Or has Nissan made this an expensive and prohibitive process?

The links above to the Merkin site is all 350 related but still makes interesting, although complicated reading, for me anyway :headhurt:

Has no one had the electronic limiter removed then? Or has Nissan made this an expensive and prohibitive process?

:

Speak to Abbey about UpRev. :)

Watch this space :ninja: Although where I will do a VMAX run I have no idea :lol:

From what I've seen posted, and from similar cars, I think the 370z would hit around 170MPH unrestricted. The 350z climbs quite happily and strongly to 145MPH before starting to run out of puff, so expect it would go a fair bit further.

while in Germany earlier this year did get a chance to open the car up on a unrestricted section of the autobahn, can confirm the car keeps pulling hard, hit speeds you mention with no probs (speedo was reading approx 2mph less than the tom tom's that I had) car still had plenty more to give,

:

Watch this space :ninja: Although where I will do a VMAX run I have no idea :lol:

From what I've seen posted, and from similar cars, I think the 370z would hit around 170MPH unrestricted. The 350z climbs quite happily and strongly to 145MPH before starting to run out of puff, so expect it would go a fair bit further.

M5 or M49 Autobahns are usually good for some high speed efforts :ninja:

:

M5 or M49 Autobahns are usually good for some high speed efforts :ninja:

Duely noted. Next time I'm off contract :drive1

• 1 month later...

Although the book says 155 limited, my dials said 160, going up a pretty steep hill it managed it no prob, 2011 gt spec, running 99ron. At that speed hit the limiter at 6200rpm, so another 1500rpm to go if unlocked. Would say it could hit the end of the box before runs out of power?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I took mine (2010 370z Black Edition) over to the Nurburgring with the Team Falken UK drift team, determined to VMAX it on the autobahn. Did manage it. Appears it is limited to 165MPH (indicated, not sure of true speed). It was still pulling before it hit the limiter but it didn't feel like there was a lot more left. I also had Team Falken's Alan Green in the car and a boot stuffed full of camera and video equipment ;)