HTC DESIRE accident...

andlid

If you do like I did and drop the phone from height onto stone slabs with the corner of the phone perfectly meeting the slab and you end up with something like this:

IMAG0273.jpg

:headhurt::scare: , Don't be afraid... it's an easy fix that 'll cost you no more then 35£

I ordered a new screen (digitizer) from this ebay shop:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Get your hands on some nailpolish or alcohol (to clean the adhesive off) and a T5 (torx) the above shop sends some shitty phillips head screw driver with the screen. Get some doublesided tape and have a sharp knife ready. Then follow below guide. (best guide ever!)

http://tjworld.net/blog/htc-desire-tear-down

Once that's done you've now got your phone back in working order and you can happily play angry birds again. :dance: If the screen cracks like that I put some tape on it so no glass would fall onto the actual main LCD.

:disguise:

It took me no more then 30min to get my phone back working after I started. the longest is to get the adhesive off properly and get the new doublesided tape back on.

Top work pal :thumbs: I just received my new HTC Desire HD yesterday running Android. What a phone!!!

lucky sod, still wating for that upgrade... :blush:

love my desire too, glad there is a cheap an easy fix. if it was an apple i'm sure you'd have to spend a billion pounds and send it off to atlantian fairies for a fix.

Well HTC did tell me that it's at least 60-100£ for the repaair I did alone (inc part) but they normally replace mother board also and then plus 40£ shipping... I'd say closer to 250£ if I'd sent it off. Well woth 30ish £ and 30min... :thumbs: This screen looks much brighter then my old one too.