smoothlines hardtop pics

iain10101

finally images of the smoothlines hardtop.....

Interesting.......................

We finally got some shots of the Smooth Line ZR hardtop project. It is getting close. These are pictures of the prototype model not a production hardtop. It is not 100% yet but good enough to show the concept of Smooth Line's design. It shares the roof line styling of the coupe with a sloped rear to create a longer and lower look compared to the soft top shape.

smooth4.jpg

smooth3.jpg

smooth2.jpg

smooth1.jpg

smoothlines quote;

There is a choice of small window or large window. The latches will consist of two front latches and two rear latches. Easy to operate without any tools or wrenches. The hardtop will simply be lifted in place on the ZR once the soft top is in the down position , then latched. Similar to our Corvette hardtops. No modifications will be needed for installation.

Wonder how much this will retail at, and how the hell do you lock the back end in place?

same as any other rag top with a hardtop.

my hardtops on now over the winter and its protecting the vinyl roof very nicely from the frost.

admittedly i'm not sure of the look on the zed, but if it gives owners the hardroof they need, then its all good

Corvette C6 one but I imagine it is very similar...

C6-features.jpg

C6-features_int.jpg

http://www.smoothline.com/images/gallery/corvette/c6/c6_dkred01.jpg'>http://www.smoothline.com/images/gallery/corvette/c6/c6_dkred01.jpg[/img

http://www.smoothline.com/

Not exactly bargain prices...

Base Price - Corvette C6 (2005 - present) ONLY $2699.00 primed and paint ready.

:scare:

wow, that is a bargin price.NOT....plus shipping, tax and duty. :byebye::lol:

2nd hand mr2 and stook roofs go for 1000.00 easy. so those prices seem inline with most other OEM roofs, honda UK charged about 2.5k for a new roof back when they were in production.

When you think about how much people pay for body kits then I suppose they are decent value and the Zed one looks like it changes the whole look of the car... :thumbs:

The more i look at it the more i like it... Maybe needs some sort of contouring on the roofline, i must say that i may be uk pioneer for this baby. From what i gather it will still be some time before release, transforms the roadster with the roof up for the better i think.