moderation?

ace

Why when I reply to some threads does a moderator have to check it? I have recently replied to a for sale ad and waiting for a mod to put the reply on the thread yet a mod has been posting on the this site while I have to wait so what's the reason please?

Why not just PM the mod? :wacko:

Why not just PM the user hosting the For Sale thread, might be able to jump the que on the "dibs" game that is quite often played on here :ninja::ban:

I know your only joking Darren but imho "Dibs" is just stupid. The seller can sell to whoever he wants, who cares whether that is someone via Pm or a reply to a thread. I for one would always pm if i was interested in something being sold. Tbh just save all the confusion and arguments just disable the ability to reply to for sale ads. Save the mods loads of work and all the hassle :thumbs:

Dibs doesn't exist on this site.

The rules clearly state what the procedure is.

Personally I always PM the seller if I want something then maybe post something like 'PM sent' so others will guess you have an interest in it so they know if they do the same they might not get the item.

Just to reiterate Dibs does not exist on this forum.

A pm is advised - you then know your 'bid' will seen by the seller and not have to wait until one of us is around to verify your post.

And yes it is time-consuming for us reading through every post, but quite recently I have had occasion to disapprove posts where bidders with post counts below the rules minimium try to offer items/cars in exchange. And occasionally there are posts (spam) that frankly have nothing to do with item being sold.

So, if you really want something Ace, the advice is to send a pm. ;)