Tyres

H5

Hi guys,

Have done a search and it brings back over 200 results, best places for tyres on-line?? Need some Toyo Proxes T1-R's for both the Zed and the Elise.....

:thumbs:

Dont know about 'on-line' but if you live in the M3-M4 corridor a place called 'Basingstoke Tyres' apparently do good prices - someone I know does a round trip from Cambridge each time he needs new boots so it might be worth checking out. They have a general Web-site.

:thumbs:

G

I presume you got the Falken FK452's? Anyone have any experience of these?
No the ZE512 as i dont have the zed yet, they were for my MG.

I have never really liked falcons in the wet as they are so hard and just seem to spin, however in the dry and when warmed up, they are amazing i think

I presume you got the Falken FK452's? Anyone have any experience of these?
No the ZE512 as i dont have the zed yet, they were for my MG.

I have never really liked falcons in the wet as they are so hard and just seem to spin, however in the dry and when warmed up, they are amazing i think

I had some of them on my Volvo and found the same, that's why I'm interested what people say about the FK452's as I don't want spinning in the Zed! When I changed the fronts to BFGoodrich (awesome in the wet) it turned my front wheel drive brick into an ice cube in winter wonderland. Great for scaring passengers!

From a performance point of view Falkens are best avoided. A god budget tyre, nothing more. Personally I cant see the point in trying to skimp on a sports car. Toyos are very good but Pilot sports (in their current version 2 itteration) are the Daddies. Its justifing the extra 200 quid thats the hard bit. But if you are tracking it, short of going to Toyo R888 (cut slicks) the MPS are the ones to have. Theyll improve road noise levels too. I have it on good authority that Nissan are currently trialling the MPS' on 06 zeds for oem installation.

That's what I'm trying to get to. Apart from a time when I couldn't get my hands on Yoko's (the BFGoodrich and Falken days), I've always gone for Yokohama's. Never tried Toyo's and need to know what's the best to go for. Just don't seem to be able to find anywhere to do the Toyo's for less than £630 (albeit fitted) - can be done cheaper?

Thanks Mark for the reference, glad you are happy!!

For anyone that is interested, I can supply a full set of standard size Toyo Proxy T1-R's, 225/45/18 & 245/45/18 for £470 including vat and delivery. Turnaround time is normally 2-3 days (subject to stock at Toyo) Please note that these are from Toyo UK direct so are approved for use in the UK, hence your insurance will not be affected. I only mention this as there are a lot of tyres going around from internet sites at the moment that are imported by the company themselves and are not approved for use on UK roads and hence will invalidate your insurance in the event of needing to make a claim.

I can also get any other tyres you guys want but the Toyo's do seem to be the most popular at the moment. I have recently put them on my Z in a 20" form and even with the 30 profiles they are still awesome and I haven't lost any ride comfort with them either.

Let me know if I can help any of you out at all.

Cheers,

Andy

Please note that these are from Toyo UK direct so are approved for use in the UK, hence your insurance will not be affected. I only mention this as there are a lot of tyres going around from internet sites at the moment that are imported by the company themselves and are not approved for use on UK roads and hence will invalidate your insurance in the event of needing to make a claim.

Andy

Andy I am sorry but this is absolute rubbish. All tyres must conform to European Regulations in order to be road legal in the UK.

"All car tyres sold from 1st July 1997 must carry an 'E' marking. The 'E' or 'e' mark consists of an 'E' or 'e' followed by a number included in a circle of 12mm diameter or a rectangle. This symbol is followed by a further number

The 'E' certifies that the tyre complies with the dimensional, performance and marking requirements of ECE Regulation 30.

The 'e' certifies that the tyre complies with the dimensional, performance and marking requirements of DIRECTIVE 92/23/EEC.

The number associated with the letter 'E' in the circle or 'e' in the rectangle is the code number of the government which granted the type approval (No. 11 for the British Government and a different identifying number for each of the other European countries involved).

The number outside the circle or rectangle is the number of the type approval certificate issued for that particular tyre size/type."

As nearly every manufacturer makes their tyres compliant with two primary directives (the ECE Regulation 30 Directive, and the DOT Directive for the US) These levels of compliancy are valid for UK insurance.

I find you claims of UK Type approved tyres as highly inflamatory as I know that tyres are designed with a global market in mind.

Borderline scaremongering my friend.

Not impressed.

You just lost my business.