Tyres

H5

So therefore should he not clarify that an E marking is required (As I have done) rather than just making wild statements

Your arguement is right, I just found it offensive to say that just because a tyre doesnt come from Toyo uk its not valid for UK insurance. I bought my last set of tyres in Germany from a Toyo dealer, am I not insured? I think not.

So therefore should he not clarify that an E marking is required (As I have done) rather than just making wild statements

Your arguement is right, I just found it offensive to say that just because a tyre doesnt come from Toyo uk its not valid for UK insurance. I bought my last set of tyres in Germany from a Toyo dealer, am I not insured? I think not.

I see you slipped a quick edit in.... yes your tyres will be Ok from Germany as they will have to be "E" marked as well... a lot of tyres are coming from America and the Far East that are not legal in the UK..That is where Andy is coming from...

you found WHAT offensive? :lol: think Dash is having a bad night....

PS did you know your nickname is a dishwasher powder in Italy? :lol:;)

home_logo_dash_interno.gif

Well Im sorry I didnt think it was clear. I knew about the E marks and my impression was that Andy was saying any imported tyre wasnt valid.

I am in the market for a complete set at the moment and was honestly disappointed by his statement.

Andy Im sorry. I was too quick to judge. Perhaps you might clarify your statement to your potential customers.

Lomoto - hope that helps :)

Well Im sorry I didnt think it was clear. I knew about the E marks and my impression was that Andy was saying any imported tyre wasnt valid.

I am in the market for a complete set at the moment and was honestly disappointed by his statement.

Andy Im sorry. I was too quick to judge. Perhaps you might clarify your statement to your potential customers.

Lomoto - hope that helps :)

No probs :thumbs: all part of the banter, livened up my evening... :teeth:

Dash - sorry mate, I have re-read my post and yes you are correct. Having re-read it, my post was rather vague. I only posted it as I don't want to see anyone on here get led up the garden path. Your statement is totally correct and so long as they are e-marked it is all ok and I should have probably said that in my original post.

The point I was trying to make was that we only provide tyres that are cleared for use in the UK. We do a lot of business with the local "cruise" scene in the area where we are based.....206's on 22's etc and to get tyres that fit the cars a lot of them are running non-uk road legal tyres....kinda makes you dispair when they spend £50k+ doing the car up and it's not insured properly as they had to import non-uk road legal tyres.

I'll get you a price for the tyres you are after mate and hopefully we can help you out.

Cheers,

Andy