Decided!

speedy

I have the turbo grooved version and am getting a little bit of brake judder. I think this has been a fitment issue though so will get the garage to inspect them when I throw it in for a service.

The rotors themselves are ok for spirited public road use if you aren't planning on tracking the car I don't use EBC pads though - Ferodo Racing ds2500s instead.

:yawn::yawn:

Go read the Brakes subforum :thumbs:

Then set your budget and save up if need be for something decent :shrug:

I have done but there is so much choice and people give different advice- hard to know which is best...

I am only a daily driver around town...

I bought the ds2500 pads off the ZMAN and then a set of turbogrooves off eBay against his advice and they have been fine :thumbs: . I'm no track warrior though more like a highstreet poser so that could be why there alright. I personaly couldn't justify about £600 just for the front performance friction rotors. The track boys and girls will diagree though :drive1

I think £230 for a set of decent pads and discs is a little optimistic tbh. I wouldn't trust yellowstuff or anything from ebc after my experience with them on the road and at a track day, nor after seeing pictures of their pads disintegrating.

I guess they may be ok for plain road use, but I still wouldn't choose them over oem, let alone the other much better options out there.

I have done but there is so much choice and people give different advice- hard to know which is best...

Go for standard brakes with no grooves or drilled. Drilled might crack and grooved ones will skim your pads. You dont need super track discs or anything. :thumbs:

Speedy, have you checked out DBA rotors? I recently got some of the slotted 4000 series fitted (fronts) as my OEM discs were shot, and along with the Ferodo pads mentioned above they're great - powerful with loadsa feel. The rotors are c£300 for a pair :thumbs:

I use yellowstuff pads on the track and they have been fine so far. For the money they were great value. They were a massive improvement over the brembos but I've never used anything else to compare it to. I will be trying ferodo's for next year. The yellowstuff pads were fine on the roads and only get better with heat. Really pleased with them on track aswell

Go for standard brakes with no grooves or drilled. Drilled might crack and grooved ones will skim your pads. You dont need super track discs or anything. :thumbs:

But I thought that was the whole purpose of grooved discs? To keep the pads fresh and not glazed over.

TBH your best bet though is from a trader on here like zmanalex :thumbs:

Yes your right and I may be wrong but in day to driving your pads won't glaze over nor will they hit the tenderise barrier where they need better cooling.

But I thought that was the whole purpose of grooved discs? To keep the pads fresh and not glazed over.

TBH your best bet though is from a trader on here like zmanalex :thumbs:

Yes your right and I may be wrong but in day to driving your pads won't glaze over nor will they hit the tenderise barrier where they need better cooling.

This is true, but I got the dixcels with some intention of tracking it eventually, but I guess this is n/a for this guy. Though, they do look better than flat discs imho :p

+1 - stick with brembo :shrug:

Can't you get brembo slotted discs? :p;)

Can't you get brembo slotted discs? :p;)

:yawn: yeeeess and your point is? :shrug: