Remaping with a pop charger...

kazman

Just a quick question: -

I understand that fitting a pop charger actually causes a small drop in horsepower, but if you have the car remapped by one of the big 2 here ( :) ), will the pop charger be able to provide a performance gain over stock? Or would the stock item still yield the best results after a remap?

This is assuming everything else is stock.

Thanks guys, not just theoretical btw, considering the best mods for me to make (combining sound and performance).

Just fitted a pop charger yesterday and I admit I had a few reservations having read some of the comments on this site.

Now I'm converted, I love my popcharger.

:thumbs:

Always good to hear. Is your car stock otherwise? Where does it really come on song?

Just fitted a pop charger yesterday and I admit I had a few reservations having read some of the comments on this site.

Now I'm converted, I love my popcharger.

:thumbs:

Always good to hear. Is your car stock otherwise? Where does it really come on song?

Around 3500 rpm and above you really get the snarling noises.

Sounds pretty mental when you first install it and give a few revs with the bonnet up!

I have to say that I am convinced that this has actually improved my first/second gears pulling - it feels more lively. Of course it could by psychological - but what the hell :)

I also love the noise - about 4500+ please :)

I agree with this, I thought I was imagining it, so took it up the motorway today and yep I'm convinced its slighly quicker in 1st and 2nd, mine kicks in heavy between 3k and 4k.

Putting the self tappers in the air intake snorkel thingy was a real pain the bottom. apart from that I am one happy bunny.

If you fit a Popcharger and then have a remap you may not get any more top end BHP but we always make the mid range a lot more responsive and you even get a ca rback that is better miles to the gallon.

I am not a lover of the popcharger but I agree the popcharger does make our cars sounds awesome.

Thanks for the replys chaps, think i will be going for one with a remap early in the new year.

Thanks for submitting that link, i have actually viewed that a couple of times over the past couple of days, but all the images are blocked on my work pc and only about 3/4 of them load up on my iphone.... looks like i will have to boot up my laptop for once!

If you fit a Popcharger and then have a remap you may not get any more top end BHP but we always make the mid range a lot more responsive and you even get a ca rback that is better miles to the gallon.

I am not a lover of the popcharger but I agree the popcharger does make our cars sounds awesome.

Was just wondering, as you're not a lover of the popcharger, what induction do you favour? Hearing a few good arguments for a good replacement filter (K&N or similar) dropped in to the original air box...?

.....and you even get a ca rback that is better miles to the gallon.

What sort of MPG improvement do you normally see, and how is this achieved? Do you tweak the part throttle fueling as well as WOT? If there's a reasonable improvement then I guess the mod would pay for itself eventually. That makes justifying it easier! ;):lol:

And everyone knows Dave likes to make a noise :yahoo::yahoo::lol:

If someone pinched 2/3 bhp from your car you would never notice, but if they took your pop charger :byebye:

If you are a dyno freak or pub bhp bragger then stay stock, if you love the sound then get a pop charger stuck on :thumbs: