Forged blocks Group buy

andlid

Would you want a forged block group buy?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a forged block group buy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

You are speaking a considerable 4 figure sum. Probably reaching 5 figures....

That's BIG pennies to commit.

Best of luck but I would be surprised if this got off the ground.

Well if someone want to get it built they'd been thinking on commiting monies... It'll be a 4 figure sum.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if someone want to get it built they'd been thinking on commiting monies... It'll be a 4 figure sum.

I refer you to my comment about dreamers ;)

How often have people signed up here & the first thing they mention is fitting a TT kit? How many of those ever get followed through?

I refer you to my comment about dreamers ;)

How often have people signed up here & the first thing they mention is fitting a TT kit? How many of those ever get followed through?

and the once that do just turn around and sell it all off :scare:

;):p

But then surly a turbo kit would need purchasing too....then would need installing and then tuning :headhurt:

Easily into 5 figures.....ask djtimo

ah yeah but not all people would need a turbo kit... :teeth: they would be running on std internals already and next step is forge... to be honest djtimo's engine build is epic and so is his costs I presume...

What mad crazy bastard would build an engine and just run N/A??? yes you can get better compression ratio's but is it really worth it??? If you build a motor you will be wanting to ran alot of power down its throat...otherwise you may aswell go and buy your self a smart car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What mad crazy bastard would build an engine and just run N/A??? yes you can get better compression ratio's but is it really worth it??? If you build a motor you will be wanting to ran alot of power down its throat...otherwise you may aswell go and buy your self a smart car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

compression would actually be lower to suit a FI build in the future for most, otherwise other work if staying N/A... you can do things in stages mate have a progress plan that you stick to and take it slowly and then at the end just enjoy it. ;)

Running 420bhp at the moment (which certainly feels plenty for the road) on a standard block and the main reason I'd go forged would be for reliability so tbh I reckon I'll be waiting for the engine to go bang before I'd be looking at my options. And I wouldn't pay more than 5K GBP for a forged block.

Running 420bhp at the moment (which certainly feels plenty for the road) on a standard block and the main reason I'd go forged would be for reliability so tbh I reckon I'll be waiting for the engine to go bang before I'd be looking at my options. And I wouldn't pay more than 5K GBP for a forged block.

I'd say go built before bang... might cost more in broken parts if you don't... to be honest I don't see why yours would go bang, you take good care of her :D

£10 says anlid never goes fi :p:lol::thumbs:

I take that bet. Thanks for the sponsoring of my radiator cap... Guess you're one of the lads that won't pay up when it comes to the crunch though.

Only messing with you buddy just a bit if banter, no harm ment. :thumbs:

I don't want a fi 350 though, IMO I agree that no one will stump up the cash for it as it's alot of money. Are you still going mid mount? Why not try running it about 400bhp then go forged when you want more power? I may be wrong but running a 600bhp car may spoil you car as a daily if you use it as one. Also I doubt you can use more than 400bhp on the road. All IMO of course. :thumbs:

Also if you want it done cheap I would get a container and ship them to USA and get it done there. You could also ship back other stuff on the way back.

that's the second person warning about financial commitment... :scare:

And the words of the wise who has already been there and got the 'T' shirt - I'm sure if Alex had a feel there was a genuine market out there he would egging this on.

Poll runs till Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Yes 27% 27% [ 6 ] x

No 50% 50% [ 11 ]

Maybe 23% 23% [ 5 ]

Could the 6 YES and 5 Maybe please pop me a PM so we can discuss what you'd like to see come out of this.

Could the people voting No please hit ALT+F4... :lol:

Yes 27% 27% [ 6 ] x

No 50% 50% [ 11 ]

Maybe 23% 23% [ 5 ]

Could the 6 YES and 5 Maybe please pop me a PM so we can discuss what you'd like to see come out of this.

Bump, not looking good if people ain't interested to send a free PM :doh:

Yes 27% 27% [ 6 ] x

No 50% 50% [ 11 ]

Maybe 23% 23% [ 5 ]

Bump, not looking good if people ain't interested to send a free PM :doh:

Timewasters & dreamers ;)