fuel costs

varley16

i could work this out, but the figures released for fuel consumption are never right. so i want your opinions on a realistic cost of fuel.

my daily drive is slow moving traffic for about half of my 8 mile trip to work each day, so 16 miles a day is what i do for 5 days a week, roughly what would be the cost of fuel for my monthly trip to work?

may be hard to judge, but dont know what these cars are like with fuel as i have not got one yet.

thanks for any help.

I word in your shell-like...if you're bothered about fuel and it'll make the difference in affordability don't consider the zed as your daily driver for such a short commute.

In that sort of traffic you'll average about 18mpg.

I average 24mpg on a mix of town and country and it aint cheap :shrug: but sooooo worth it :teeth:

I think that would cost around £25-£30 a week , as its about £90 to fill up and i get around 400 miles to a tank

Wow, I generally struggle to get much over 300 out of a tank. I'm not driving like a loon either, although admittedly I am driving in traffic. You must have mostly motorway driving in that ?

I do pretty much exactly the same kind of daily drive you do. For the commute part I do between 19 to 20 mpg, depending if it's winter or summer or how much I like to sound the exhaust at people :lol:

I guess that makes about 90 liters of comute petrol per month. I end up filling up 60 liters almost twice per month, considering all other driving involved.

Fuel consumption :scare: my personal best on the way to Doncaster from Bridgwater was........26 MPG ! :yahoo:

Economy? Where????

It's so practical in other ways too....

2 seats

microscopic boot - roadster.

Price of parts... should I go on?

BUT

Best car I've ever had :#1:

haven't even rode my bike for 6 weeks........

I think that would cost around £25-£30 a week , as its about £90 to fill up and i get around 400 miles to a tank

I must be doing something wrong as I can only fit £65 in from reserve light and getting approx 280 miles at a guess, only had it for one tank full so far and didn't work out how to reset the trip until I was at half a tank :D:lol:

Fuel economy sucks to be honest, but come on its a 280bhp sports car not a fiat panda. You don't buy these cars because they do 45mpg haha :yahoo:

Not sure if my car thought it was a hybrid but on the m40 last week doing 70 (had cruise control on to make sure it was smack on) and the car was doing over 40 mpg.

Maybe something to do with downhill with a trailing wind.

Still by the end of the motorway it was doing 35mpg + then I got off the motorway and thought, sod this for a laugh. Got home and it was back in the mid 20's, wonder which was the most fun part of the journey.

i could work this out, but the figures released for fuel consumption are never right. so i want your opinions on a realistic cost of fuel.

my daily drive is slow moving traffic for about half of my 8 mile trip to work each day, so 16 miles a day is what i do for 5 days a week, roughly what would be the cost of fuel for my monthly trip to work?

may be hard to judge, but dont know what these cars are like with fuel as i have not got one yet.

thanks for any help.

I average 40 to 50 miles a day and it costs me about a full tank every 6-7 or 8 days.

Caroline's round trip to work is 9 miles a day, about 3 of those are in heavy traffic and most of the rest on a dual carriageway. She averages 21.6 mpg, doing the same journey in a 2.0 Z4 she got 27.0mpg. I've managed 26.9mpg in my Zed since the computer was reset 3,000+ miles ago. For me, that's just normal driving, a bit of everything thrown in.

Pete

I must be doing something wrong as I can only fit £65 in from reserve light and getting approx 280 miles at a guess, only had it for one tank full so far and didn't work out how to reset the trip until I was at half a tank :D:lol:

Fuel economy sucks to be honest, but come on its a 280bhp sports car not a fiat panda. You don't buy these cars because they do 45mpg haha :yahoo:

I dont trust the low fuel light,as iv filled up once with the light on,after driving a fair few miles,and could only get 60litres in,and its a 70 litre tank,so had loads left in it.

I usually get around 350miles from a tank of super unleaded. My commute to work involves alot of steady driving,but i do like to put my foot down in places,and im getting 25mpg pretty much every tank.

My daily commute is a 60 mile round trip in mixed driving conditions - queuing, driving at about 40 then a blast down the dual carriageway then country roads etc etc. Costs me at least £60 a week and that's if I don't use it for anything else.........Just been to Tesco AGAIN this morning! Would get an evening bar job to pay for it before I parted with it though, its the best bit of my day!

My daily commute is a 60 mile round trip in mixed driving conditions - queuing, driving at about 40 then a blast down the dual carriageway then country roads etc etc. Costs me at least £60 a week and that's if I don't use it for anything else.........Just been to Tesco AGAIN this morning! Would get an evening bar job to pay for it before I parted with it though, its the best bit of my day!

:clap: Ditto - I would sell organs first :lol:

I can do a tank full in a weekend :yahoo:

My commute is 35 miles a day, average I guess :yahoo: 26-28mpg :shrug:

But really, please don't start thinking about economy and fuel consumption and costs...

Just fill it up when it tells you it's thirsty! :drive1

As for the 80l tank I have driven for miles on an 'empty tank' and still never managed to put more than 72l in....