Power upgrades?? Dates anyone?

AMT

As far as I know or have seen the 350Z came in 3 power guises, 276bhp, 295 and the 308+ one. Will be trying to find one regy'd before 23rd March 06' ...because the Tax is the cheaper bracket, but I've seen a lot of cars for sale branded as the "300" model when clearly it isn't... lol Anyone know when the 295 power came about, what date or roughly when that was? I'd get it remapped or so anyway but I'd prefer to start above the 276 lol

Thanks for the help

AMT

Yeah, the upgraded model went on sale in April 2006. Can't say for sure but there are possibly a handful of 295 models that went to dealers, motoring journalists, Nissan executives and were registered before March 23rd. Don't be put off by the 276 model, I've got one and my wife has a 313 roadster and its difficult to tell the difference to be honest. I'm not sure about this, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the facelift models weigh a bit more than the 2002-2006 versions so the extra power makes little difference to the overall performance.

Pete

To be honest your all probably right, I'm just being a bit....tight... god knows why with what I have just now and the fact I'm buying a Z in the next 4months. lol Stuff it... I'll take as new as I can get for the budget lol. Just thought I'd ask. Would be remappin' with PowerTune anyway get an extra...what? 15-20brake?? Usually the norm for a NA engine I think.

AMT

Would be remappin' with PowerTune anyway get an extra...what? 15-20brake?? Usually the norm for a NA engine I think.

AMT

I doubt either of them. Not sure who PowerTune are but they won't be able to map the Zed. 15-20bhp........

Oh for gods sake not again... :shrug: The coupe 2.0 06' I've got the now can't be remapped because hyundai made the most untunable engine unless you wanna spend thousands.... joy. They must have been on a tea break when they made the power for it :dry: Is it the same for the Zed, is it un tunable? Remap or chip? Anyone?? lol To be honest I think I'll be fine with the near 300.. lol I remember on the test drive I did on an 56 I thought.... "good god why would anyone need anymore power?!" ... although I will be coming from 145bhp lol..

Oh for gods sake not again... :shrug: The coupe 2.0 06' I've got the now can't be remapped because hyundai made the most untunable engine unless you wanna spend thousands.... joy. They must have been on a tea break when they made the power for it :dry: Is it the same for the Zed, is it un tunable? Remap or chip? Anyone?? lol To be honest I think I'll be fine with the near 300.. lol I remember on the test drive I did on an 56 I thought.... "good god why would anyone need anymore power?!" ... although I will be coming from 145bhp lol..

Try a search :)

I'll give you a starter word REMAP :thumbs:

Right had a look, a website says the Z can't be remapped in the way OBD flash programming? Says though that Unichip gives extra 20brake. Im not looking for huge mods, cos insurance I can't be bothered adding bits and bobs, so something hidden is fine by me lol. Powertune are one of the main places up in scotland central area for tunning, heard a lot from them, went to them for the coupe... couldn't do anything for it... grrr. But yeah chip or remap anyone just done this and saw what kinda increase? How much did it cost? I know a lot of remaps or that are around £300 odds so not too expensive.

Thanks for any help

AMT

Have you tried using the forum search with 'remap' rather than the web?

Only 2 places in the UK can currently tune the Zed using the standard ECU. Also try 'UpRev' in the search for all the info you will need. The 2 places are Abbey Motorsport and RSTuning, the only problem for you are that they both a fair old drive away but a good excuse for a road trip. Without any mods you will be lucky to see an increase of 20bhp but you will have a much better car to drive. :thumbs: