Riceys Sunset Zed

Ricey

Well after nearly a month since Carla got the Zed I've finally got back from holiday, recovered from the jet lag, dragged my ass through a week in work and spent some quality time with the Zed and £200 of cleaning bits I've amassed over the last 2 months!!!

Piccies as requested (only crappy mobile pics I'm afraid - I'll take some 'arty' stuff in the future) and in case anyones interested I've listed the products used below;

-Dodo Juice shampoo

-Dodo juice clay lube

-Claybar (can't remember which make)

-Dodo juice Orange Crush Wax

-Gliptone leather cleaner

-Gliptone leather conditioner

-Gliptone regular use cleaner (not used this time but it will become the regular cleaner)

-Simonez interior plastic cleaner

-Simonez tyre black

-RainX water repellant

-Autosol metal cleaner

-Meguiars Gritguard wash bucket

-Lambs wool wash mitt

-Meguiars water magnet drying towel

-About 300,000 microfibre cloths! (in fairness most of these were free from ebay and a couple of posh ones from Envy Valeting)

-1 dishcloth was sacrificed for the engine bay.

IMAG0063.jpg

This is the first time I've used 'proper' detailing kit. Prior to joining the forum I always prided myself in being good at valeting - using sponges, buckets that I also used for weeding :doh: , leathers to dry and water blades.........the difference in the finish (ok it took me 4 hours as opposed to 2) is mahusive!

The Dodo Juice wax is AWESOME.....so much so that after spending all afternoon cleaning it I actually stumbled back out to the car and sprayed it with the hosepipe & took some piccies just because I know some of you are a bit weird like me and like to see the bubbling or the water on the paint work.......then I had to dry it again......so tired.....so so tired......here's pics.......must sleep now....zzzzzzzzzz

These are just after washing - note no 'pooling' of water;

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

This is the finished article - washed, dried, clayed, waxed, windows treated with RainX

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

The seats are very good anyway considering the car is 7 years old anyway but they did improve with the glyptone (in fact the passenger seat didn't really need doing it looks brand new)

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

Paintwork close up after waxing

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

As always any comments welcome and also thanks to everyone for demanding some piccies - I know its only a standard car but you all still harped on for pics which was most encouraging in my darkest hours when microfibres were low and my brew had run out :console:

Very nice mate, you see the pleasure we get form cleaning them now. :)

I've always enjoyed cleaning cars since being a nipper but without actually having any understanding of what detailing actually was until I joined here.........I was an acolyte of Hellfords cleaning range.

Gonna have a crack at doing the Lancer next week. Need to do the MX5 before I cover it up until we sell it in the spring too.

I'm catching you up with the cleaning products Mart! ;)

NOOOOO I can't buy any more......well this week anyway! Tax disc holder and stubby were the order of the day this week.

Looking at my pics the seats look quite dire actually - they look a lot better in the flesh.....just that little inch long but of scuffing on the driver bloster.

Accidentally posted twice! Doh - so I'll edit this post with a few details of the car

2003 UK GT pack

27000 miles

Current rubber is abysmal - RE040's on the front (just legal) and Maxxis on the back (sadly loads of tread)

OEM aerial swapped for S2000 Stubby

2 owners (lived in Newcastle for 6 or its 7 years apparently)

I find it hard to get photos to do sunset's justice, but those of us in the know can revel in the orange glow after a detail ;)

On a side note is it just my 350z or do others rear wiper only lift an inch from the rear screen?

Yours seems to be much further off........makes changing the wiper easier. Now I'm jealous :dry:

I find it hard to get photos to do sunset's justice, but those of us in the know can revel in the orange glow after a detail ;)

On a side note is it just my 350z or do others rear wiper only lift an inch from the rear screen?

Yours seems to be much further off........makes changing the wiper easier. Now I'm jealous :dry:

I was desperately racing to take the pics with the sun on it (I think the metallic really catches in the sun) but as you can see I missed it by about 30 mins :angry:

Thats a very good point - in fact thats slightly worrying because when I first lifted it up it was an inch off the glass......how the hell did it get up there?!?!? :bounce: