Job interview today

AK350Z

I had an interview this morning down at Barrow in Furness. It went quite well. Those that know me might be able to guess what sort of job it was for... :teeth:

For eveyone else though:

IMG_2158.jpg

Take me home baby!

Hopefully won't take too long to find out the answer, but the job market has been that rubbish, its taken nearly 2 years to even get an interview anywhere!

It would mean commuting the 40-odd twisty miles down to Barrow a lot though, so will probably be looking at getting another (additional-don't worry!) car. Something small and nippy perhaps? any (cheap) suggestions?

fiat panda 4x4

got to be

Congrats ont he interview!!!

Hehe, catch up mate:

Img_2218.jpg

It's my GFs car though. We had it at moreton park on the October run on the Friday/saturday morning, but I think you didn't go to that one did you?

IMG_2093.jpg

Maybe the 100hp version, might still be too pricey though.

It's a bit rolly-poly for the road south, need some better seats in it or something. But yes, it is unstoppable! B) Especially in last winters alpine conditions:

(Road Closed my arse!)

IMG_1615.jpg

It's a shame Fiat 500s haven't got cheap enough yet.

Alright there mate, Hope you get some good news soon wrt the job.

Should be a decent commute on them roads from what I seen last Sunday.

If it's a 4x4 you buy, try get something with selectable 4WD/RWD.......best of both worlds depending on your braveness! :drive1

Clio had crossed my mind Stu. I think the rules will be; £2-3K, pref. small, cos of the narrow roads, although i was thinking about how an auto might not be too bad either, as it'll take an hour each way easily.

Off the top of my head:

MX5

Clio 172

Various Alfas! ;) 147+156 autos are cheap! plus i found this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2062686.htm

Ford Puma (suprisingly cheap and plentyful actually)

Smart roadster (too expensive, but inexplicably appealing!)

Maybe giving way in the future to S1 Elise / MR2 a la Stan? :D or something cheap and thrashable like a Fiat 500/better Clio

Of course, I havent even got the job yet! :lol:

Woohoo - good luck mate - so you will be back on top of those scary windmills again! Nice one :yahoo:

Car wise - there are shed loads bargains out there? For the money your talking about you can get a nice MR2 or even a nice MX5 import with all the bling. But what about a classic - Peugeot 205 GTI - can get them for about £1800 mark? Fun and cheap :thumbs:

Have a shuftie at my fave car sale website.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/87/205%20gti/

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C174789/

1502789.jpg

You all forget the best car salesman :D

swiss_tony.jpg

That said, congrats on the interview, best of luck with getting the job! Another car to chuck into the mix how about an A3 TDi Quattro? 4x4, great on juice, fun to drive and above all comfy as hell! I bought one as my commuter recently and haven't looked back.

Congrats in order Andy???

Correct! Still waiting for details to land, but have been made an offer. :teeth:

Initial training will probably be in Germany and Belgium while the farm is still being built. But eventually it'll all settle down and i'll be left with a one hour commute to Barrow! At least i'll look forward to going to work again, and thats the main thing isn't it?