The final nail in my nissan misery coffin...

chrisjones6699

I've really just about had enough of Nissan and the following events have pushed me over the edge and I'm seriously thinking about selling up.

I drove my 350 to Ilkeston last Wednesday to drop it off for the warranty work to be carried out. I drove 170 miles and It took me nearly 4 hours of motorway driving to get there. What "courtesy car" did they give me to drive back to Wales in..........

THIS!!! A 1.0l f*@*ing Pixo!!!! :rant:

junk.jpg

"Never mind" i thought, "at least the work will finally be done"! Just to remind you guys, the issues i have with the Zed are, Scrapping gearbox/prop shaft, clicking axle and creaking clutch.

Thursday, they phoned me and this is what they had to say....

Them- "Everything you have mentioned to be wrong is correct, the thing is, we dont think the warranty company will pay out because they may put it down to wear and tear and not class it as failed parts. The scrapping noise you mentioned is due to the "aftermarket" exhaust YOU have put on"

Me- "Ahhh no! That scrapping noise has been there since the very first day I had the car! If you look at your records, you will see that what i am saying is correct!"

Them- "Well I can only tell you about what we have found today. We're looking at about £1100 worth of work. I know that we said we will have your car for 3 days but the warranty company want to come and look at the parts themselves.....they can't come out til next Tuesday or Wednesday"

Obviously there was more said in our conversation but I thought I would just highlight the main parts.

I'm gonna put myself out here and guess that they will not do the work so I will have my Zed back with nothing being done to it. I'm going to write an in depth letter about everything that has happened from day one with that garage and I will send it to, The manager of Ilkeston Nissan, Nissan UK, Trading standards and Watch dog. I'm sick to death of how sh*t Nissan have been from day one and they have finally broke me. I cant handle much more and I will probably end up selling and getting something less of an arse ache.

I Love my 350 so much and its such a shame that Nissan customer service is so pathetic! I dont think I've heard one person say how "it was a pleasure to buy my car from Nissan" or "the after care was amazing!". Whilst i was waiting for my "courtesy car", the woman behind the desk was an absolute joy!! The phone went and she answered it, put them on hold and turned to the manager and said quite rudely "This isnt even our problem!!" Now call me old fashioned but thats not a good way to talk in front of a customer! Even my girlfriend walked away from the desk and later said, how she spoke in front of us was unreal!

SHOCKING!!

I've had the same sort of problem before and phoned I the Trading Standards Office straight away, they will tell you exactly the path you need to follow AND they should give you the exact wording of any letters you need to write. In my experience the warranty company and the dealership are far more likely to react in the correct way if you word your letter exactly as they suggest, obviously including chapter and verse from you, it's a good idea not to ramble but to create a list of short sharp and ACCURATE bullet points that you require resolving. Try to get a Trading Standards Reference No. for your case too. You might feel like you're up sh1t creek without a paddle at the moment but it is surprising how suppliers react when they realise they are dealing with someone who knows their rights, writes a factual letter which is to the point without being rude and is supported by the TSO. :thumbs:

I hope this helps, it did for me, don't lest the b*****s grind you down and most of all don't give up ;) So many of these companies expect you to go away, if they know they've got a fight on their hands it's in their interest to settle promptly specially if they are in the wrong. Good Luck :)

Unfortunately they are all the same - only ones I never had trouble with were Toyota!

Anyway RRG in Oldham have been great with me and the girls behind the desk were also good in sorting stuff out for me even when my turbo blew on my Xtrail the day before I was to trade it in for a Ditchfinder - they got me a car for the day and I dropped it off early in the morning as they knew I work miles away in Wales - so its luck of the drawer unfortunately! They still honoured the trade in no questions asked.

Stick it out mate - they are trying it on expecting you to just say ok! Well dont hang in there :thumbs:

I hate Nissan dealerships with a passion, they have consistantly been rude, unhelpful and show a complete lack of knowledge.

I had some work done on my car and they messed up the bill at the end, I went in to pay and they said that they had made some errors and that it would now cost me another £140. when I told them that I would pay the bill they had quoted before the work and not a openny more it took about an hour to sort out and they finally agreed to the orignal bill. I was having a moan at the woman as I paid telling ehr that the service has been attrocious and they were overpriced to begin with and she looked at me and snapped at me 'you don't know how lucky you are. you're getting this cheap as it is, what more do you want?'. I politely told her that the fact that she cannot carry out simple arithmatic is more her burden than mine, and that maybe her personal skills could be looked at as well.

they boil my blood but I wont be taking my car there again so i'm not going to let them spoil my love of the zed.

Because I've tried to get outside help and the general consensus is that no one wants to touch warranty work because warranty companies pay less then what garages charge and its a right pain in the arse for them to go through. Believe me, I have looked into it and my easiest option was going back to the original garage as they dont need to contact the warranty company before looking at what the problem is. Its a really sh!t catch 22! The last thing i wanted to do was drive a 170 miles to be fed a load of bol*ocks....yet again!! :(

Chris I feel your pain, nothing worse than being f****d around, just stick with it and see what the warranty company say. It's a shame that warranties and insurance are often not worth the paper they are written on, but the Trading Standards route is one to consider too, fingers crossed for you m8 :thumbs:

If it all goes pear shaped though, can I have first dibs on your wheels :lol:

Cheers Dave, I hope we can get it sorted because I really dont want to see my wheels......I mean Zed go! :lol:

John mate, they were nice enough to lube the clutch (but i expect a bill for that!) so all that is left is the prop shaft and the clicky rear axle. They did explain to me what they were going to try and do but all i heard was blah blah blah we're a bunch of robbing bast@rds blah blah blah! I did pick out something about turning something 180 degrees so that it would start a new wear pattern! I cant say for sure what they were talking about but i assume that they were talking about the prop shaft?

Cheers Dave, I hope we can get it sorted because I really dont want to see my wheels......I mean Zed go! :lol:

John mate, they were nice enough to lube the clutch (but i expect a bill for that!) so all that is left is the prop shaft and the clicky rear axle. They did explain to me what they were going to try and do but all i heard was blah blah blah we're a bunch of robbing bast@rds blah blah blah! I did pick out something about turning something 180 degrees so that it would start a new wear pattern! I cant say for sure what they were talking about but i assume that they were talking about the prop shaft?

Rotating 180 degrees is a temporary fix for the clicky rear axel problem. Needs the uprated parts to be a permanent fix.

Thats if the warranty company will pay for the work! :lol: I dont use the word hate often and mean it but my god, I hate Nissan! What a rubbish company!

you know what i went through with warranty buddy. how bout you come round mine this weekend! lads night!! PM me :thumbs:

totally feel for you m8. nissan customer service is the worst ever!!!

if it makes you feel any better last 2 times i visited nissan-halshaw in hull the courtesy car they gave me was a micra with full logos all over from £5999 and that. i said no i am not advertising you. get me a taxi! and never going there again either from now on. or any nissan. thanks.

thats for a 2 year old Zed that cost me a bit over 33k!!!

for a 5 year old maserati that cost me 31k, JCT600 in leeds would send a bmw 320d mpack (1 year old) with a driver in hull, pick my car up from work and leave me the courtesy car. the opposite if i couldnt bother driving to leeds to pick the maser up! once they came and met me at the car park of the pub i was at the time sipping a pint!!!!!

as for the mechanics at nissan i wont comment. i got paid £1500 of them for messing up with my brakes last time!!!

if it makes you feel any better last 2 times i visited nissan-halshaw in hull the courtesy car they gave me was a micra with full logos all over from £5999 and that. i said no i am not advertising you. get me a taxi! and never going there again either from now on. or any nissan. thanks.

for a 5 year old maserati that cost me 31k, JCT600 in leeds would send a bmw 320d mpack (1 year old) with a driver in hull, pick my car up from work and leave me the courtesy car. the opposite if i couldnt bother driving to leeds to pick the maser up! once they came and met me at the car park of the pub i was at the time sipping a pint!!!!!

as for the mechanics at nissan i wont comment. i got paid £1500 of them for messing up with my brakes last time!!!

A superb example on how bad Nissan is!! I cant understand how Nissan get away with such bad service?????

A superb example on how bad Nissan is!! I cant understand how Nissan get away with such bad service?????

It's not just them, most main dealers are the same. Obviously a few good examples, Mazda were always very good I found. I'm lucky the only time I have been to a Nissan dealer was to have a look at local Zed's, not to buy just so that I didn't buy the first car I saw :blush:

Only thing to do is decide to keep at them and wear them down, at the end of the day they want to get away with doing as little as they can and charge you if they can get away with it, you just have to accept that and then start wearing them down instead of them wearing you down.

Really sorry to hear your woes. It is such a pain in the neck when the warranty which is there to help you ends up causing loads of hassle.

I agree with Graham, get it all written down in a succinct letter stating all the facts with ref to trading standards and this should make them do something.

Makes me realise how lucky i was with my nissan garage. Although i see alot of hate for the nissan dealers here i would have to stand up for the Tunbridge wells branch as they were absolute stars. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40880&start=15

I know my experience won't help in your situation but if anyone else is looking at getting any work done or buying a car and want a Nissan dealer that actually knows what they are doing go here.

Hope you get your problems sorted soon mate, theres nothing worse than having something that could be resolved so simply really sour your 350 experience.

good luck

don't let them turn them, its a temporary fix probably enough to get you out of the warranty period and then its your problem, not theirs. tell them if they are doing the warranty work you expect replacement parts. there is a bulletin on it and nissan should know that it needs replacment parts to fix the problem permanently.

i hate nissan too; to a point where i refuse to ever buy antother car of theirs; i refuse to line the pockets of a bunch of inbred retards; who couldn't find their own c0cks in a pi$$ing competition.

their sales services is shocking to say the least and the majority of their machanics couldn't tell the difference between an alloy wheel and a steering wheel. i also dealt with nissan uk; who are so far up their won ar$e i'm suprised their still in business. biggest bunch of loop whole finding, excuse making lying thieving twunts.

i've dealt with toyota and honda both have always been great, regardless of which branch i go and see. when visiting BMW i've been made to feel almost like royalty, as if nothing is too much. even peugeot have always been pretty good.

chris i don't envy you; what i would say is try Falcon perofrmance i know they have done warranty work and have an outstanding service record. its a bit of a hike, but you know you'll get treated like a proper customer, and it couldn't be in better hands.

don't let them turn them, its a temporary fix probably enough to get you out of the warranty period and then its your problem, not theirs. tell them if they are doing the warranty work you expect replacement parts. there is a bulletin on it and nissan should know that it needs replacment parts to fix the problem permanently.

i hate nissan too; to a point where i refuse to ever buy antother car of theirs; i refuse to line the pockets of a bunch of inbred retards; who couldn't find their own c0cks in a pi$$ing competition.

their sales services is shocking to say the least and the majority of their machanics couldn't tell the difference between an alloy wheel and a steering wheel. i also dealt with nissan uk; who are so far up their won ar$e i'm suprised their still in business. biggest bunch of loop whole finding, excuse making lying thieving twunts.

i've dealt with toyota and honda both have always been great, regardless of which branch i go and see. when visiting BMW i've been made to feel almost like royalty, as if nothing is too much. even peugeot have always been pretty good.

chris i don't envy you; what i would say is try Falcon perofrmance i know they have done warranty work and have an outstanding service record. its a bit of a hike, but you know you'll get treated like a proper customer, and it couldn't be in better hands.

Cheers Biscuit mate, I'll make sure they understand that I know that turning them will only be a temporary fix!

It was Lee from Falcon that helped me with my warranty stuff in the first place and he went out of his way to phone nissan to find out what had been done to my gear box, what warranty i had etc. He was awesome but at the time, he had his hands full and couldnt take my work on :(

I'm not expecting much from Nissan but hopefully, they will deliver this time! HA! :wacko:

Well I got my zed back from Nissan yesterday and its really surprising what mentioning trading standards and tell them that you are going to record the conversation for trading standards will do for your cause! :lol: They were very helpful and they said they will do anything to help me out!!

This is the best part is that they put my zed back up on the ramp to show me how my exhaust is rubbing on the propshaft! So, annoyingly, everything that i thought was wrong with my zed was down my exhaust rubbing and not the gear box and not the prop shaft! Got to get ANOTHER blueflame fitted now!!!!!!!