Drying towels?

mrobinson2

I currently have a meguiars water magnet and another one that looks similar, but is actually better, but still not great.

I use Last touch detailer, or red mist as drying aids but the towels still wont dry the whole car without me having to wring them out.

So, what drying towels would you lot recommend?

Hi,

I find these towels reduce swirl marks significantly due to its incredible depth. If however your car is waxed and water beads of it nicely, you can dry the entire car just by patting, reducing swirl potential even more. And of course one of these dries my 370 without wringing, even when just patting. I get mine here:

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,71,toView_554,1.html

Just another option to consider, hope this helps.

EZ

Sneakers

Sorry for this late response.

I can vouch for the "clean your car ones" as above at £9.95. I have been using these for over a year and they never fail. You should be a able to dry your z with one but at this price indulge your self and get two.

Dont forget though, on your final rinse to "sheet" your water from the hosepipe, this really does make a huge difference to the amount of water left on the body.

:wave:

Hi,

I find these towels reduce swirl marks significantly due to its incredible depth. If however your car is waxed and water beads of it nicely, you can dry the entire car just by patting, reducing swirl potential even more. And of course one of these dries my 370 without wringing, even when just patting. I get mine here:

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,71,toView_554,1.html

Just another option to consider, hope this helps.

EZ

Sneakers

Yep that's what I use and one will comfortably clear a whole car of the water - followed up by the Meguairs m/f cloth (with a detailing brush ready) to remove any smears and water from nooks and crannies. :thumbs:

Sorry for this late response.

I can vouch for the "clean your car ones" as above at £9.95. I have been using these for over a year and they never fail. You should be a able to dry your z with one but at this price indulge your self and get two.

Dont forget though, on your final rinse to "sheet" your water from the hosepipe, this really does make a huge difference to the amount of water left on the body.

:wave:

The open ended hosepipe thing is something i have been doing since we got the zed and it is amazing how much more water stays on the car using a spray gun or nozzle to clear the suds off the car!

I think i'm going to go for the Clean Your Car drying towel as you lot give it the thumbs up, and i have ordered from them on a few occasions and they really are tip top, even leaving stuff in a safe place for me if i'm not in!

cheers all.

Michael.