uneven tyre wear - MOT failure (pic)

relentless

Hey All,

Got uneven tyre wear on front tyres.

MOT coming up - I understand that in order to pass a tyre must have atleast 1.6mm of tread with 3/4 of the mid section of the tyre.

Ive attached a pic - doya think this would fail?

IMG_01211.jpg

It near the end of its life i know but didnt want to replace just yet.

Cheers!

Mark

As the above the legal requirements are 1.6mm depth continuously for 3/4 of the mid section of the tyre. Depending on what width of tyre i.e 245, from the centre line there needs to be 1.6mm of tread 92 mm either side of that. Looking at your tyre it is going to be very boarderline whether its legal yet alone pass the MOT. Advice CHANGE IT NOW :bang::bang:

My fronts are completely bald on the inside and due to be changed before it goes back on the road. Passed mot fine with them. But done a couple of track sessions since then and it really destroyed them. Not bad for fronts, 24000 miles including a couple of track days.

i feel like a naughty school boy whos been told!

Good thing mind. I was intending to change in a month but looks like gonna alot quicker now.

Cheers for feedback fellas.

Buy some from alex he has new part worns at a great price so you wont feel it much. :thumbs:

i feel like a naughty school boy whos been told!

Good thing mind. I was intending to change in a month but looks like gonna alot quicker now.

Cheers for feedback fellas.

Buy some from alex he has new part worns at a great price so you wont feel it much. :thumbs:

+1 none have had punctures and cost half the price but last almost as long as new tyres