im looking at getting a respray but what colour

fastfu

im looking at getting a full respray in the next few months and had planned on going with white (its silver at the moment) but after going to JAE this weekend i was amazed by how many cars there were white. so now im looking at something different but cant find anything i like.

anyone got any ideas ? pics would be great

have any of you thought that if you change colour you may have trouble with selling it on in the future as potential buyers may think its been in bad enough of an accident to have needed the full respray.

thoughts???

i dont think that really as most people that get a full respray because they want to be different or just fancy a change and damaged cars very rarely get a full respray they'll just repaint the damaged area so i'd be more concerned about a car with newly painted panels, over spray etc

ive had my last 5 cars resprayed purely because i wanted them to be different to everything else on the road and ive not had any problems selling them

I have spent a lot of time on the same decision. I have posted it too. At the moment I dont have the time to sort mine out but the top suggestion was candy apple red. Hope that helps. :)

I looked into candy apple red as it looks fantastic but in the end it seemed to be a VERY expensive way to go. Firstly the initial paint job will be very pricey due to the price of the paint and the number of coats required. Then when you pick up the inveitable scratches and stone chips you may end up having to have the whole car repsrayed to get a good match due to the way the candy is built up in layers. Also from what I remember the pigments in candy apple red are organic so even with the UV protectors mixed in they will fade after a few years in the sun and you'll end up with candy apple pink! :scare: That last one might not be a concern with the amount of sun we get in the UK though! ;)

So I copped out and went for Audi Ibis White! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
usually £2.5k upwards for a proper job :thumbs:

Whats the story mate, have you won the Euromillions? Robbed a bank?!

lol not yet but i always put a ticket on ! B)

Car is getting its 3rd respray soon getting ready to sell ;)

Paul