POLL: Should......................................

Husky

Should advice and prices from traders be given publicly in the relevant thread OR be private via PM?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should advice and prices from traders be given publicly in the relevant thread OR be private via PM?

• should be pm
    • Should Be Made Publicly

Prices change, you can get a ball park figure but prices will change from when your browsing to when your buying, especially if buying from the U.S/Japan. Even more change once you take into consideration the fluctuating exchange rates, delivery from abroad & customs. A quick look at the more common sites will reveal the ballpark figure ;)

Ebay scenario makes no sense to the argument here :shrug:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the difficult one is, if you pm'd for prices, where do you stand about posting the price you paid up? thats a common question, how much did you pay.

And its a question I hate being asked :dry:

Ditto - its bl**dy rude :lol:

Exactly. I noticed on a newbies intro thread recently the first reply was asking how much he paid for it :wacko:

I never tell people what I paid for things, I'll give a ball park figure but never an exact figure :ninja:

Prices change, you can get a ball park figure but prices will change from when your browsing to when your buying, especially if buying from the U.S/Japan. Even more change once you take into consideration the fluctuating exchange rates, delivery from abroad & customs. A quick look at the more common sites will reveal the ballpark figure ;)

I know prices change, but ballpark is better than nothing. At least i'll know if something is £1200 rather than £2200 like i said earlier.

And ebay... i could browse it, and get my ideas, and then return in a month to make my purchase. Prices my have changed a bit but i can live with that, i just wont bother looking if the prices arent there... :surrender:

I dont understand what your argument is? As a customer whats wrong with knowing the prices of things??

I've abstained from voting because there isn't an option that fits my opinion, which is that every trader has the right to do what they feel is appropriate for their business and shouldn't be made to do one thing or the other.

I agree far too often with this guy lately and its getting a bit annoying :p

just like we can shop from alex, sarah, cs, adam, lee, opie, rhd and everywhere else.

i v bought personally parts from more than 10 different places and that doesnt include ebay. If you ask me how much i paid for smth i will tell you if i remember. No trader here has ever asked me not to mention a price i v paid. EVER.

and i v spent on traders here more than what people on this forum have paid to buy their Zed in the first place.

Traders dont do charity. They make a living this way. They do business we are the market. We dont like the way they do business we dont buy.

I think the whole thing is upsetting people here because some parts cant easily be found anywhere else. So they think they are getting robbed in style by some traders. Which is not true. Its business. And every trader does business his way.

One last thing. Never in any case have i felt i have paid more than what i should have for anything i bought from traders here. Priced in advance or not. I have always been treated with respect and dignity and the service was excellent. And i am more than grateful to Alex, Sarah, Lee, Adam, Dixcon, Opie oils, CS etc etc for the great business and the great prices. And i could go on for ages if i started giving examples.

pointless thread if you are asking me. hope i proved it

My 2p.

I know prices change, but ballpark is better than nothing. At least i'll know if something is £1200 rather than £2200 like i said earlier.

And ebay... i could browse it, and get my ideas, and then return in a month to make my purchase. Prices my have changed a bit but i can live with that, i just wont bother looking if the prices arent there... :surrender:

I dont understand what your argument is? As a customer whats wrong with knowing the prices of things??

Theres nothing wrong with knowing the prices of things.

My argument is those that complain that prices are not posted when they have no intention of buying. It takes 30seconds to send a pm if you are actually serious about buying something.

I've abstained from voting because there isn't an option that fits my opinion, which is that every trader has the right to do what they feel is appropriate for their business and shouldn't be made to do one thing or the other.

I agree far too often with this guy lately and its getting a bit annoying :p

just like we can shop from alex, sarah, cs, adam, lee, opie, rhd and everywhere else.

i v bought personally parts from more than 10 different places and that doesnt include ebay. If you ask me how much i paid for smth i will tell you if i remember. No trader here has ever asked me not to mention a price i v paid. EVER.

and i v spent on traders here more than what people on this forum have paid to buy their Zed in the first place.

Traders dont do charity. They make a living this way. They do business we are the market. We dont like the way they do business we dont buy.

I think the whole thing is upsetting people here because some parts cant easily be found anywhere else. So they think they are getting robbed in style by some traders. Which is not true. Its business. And every trader does business his way.

One last thing. Never in any case have i felt i have paid more than what i should have for anything i bought from traders here. Priced in advance or not. I have always been treated with respect and dignity and the service was excellent. And i am more than grateful to Alex, Sarah, Lee, Adam, Dixcon, Opie oils, CS etc etc for the great business and the great prices. And i could go on for ages if i started giving examples.

pointless thread if you are asking me. hope i proved it

My 2p.

Good post, and agree with all you said, but i dont feel im being ripped off by traders, thats not my gripe at all. It's my own laziness that i expect the prices to be available to me straight away. I think this would encourage business and tempt me to buy things that i otherwise wouldnt pursue interest in. :thumbs:

Theres nothing wrong with knowing the prices of things.

My argument is those that complain that prices are not posted when they have no intention of buying. It takes 30seconds to send a pm if you are actually serious about buying something.

Fair enough... but you can never say someone has no intention of buying something. If the price is right, it can always tempt you. I personally hate to potentially waste the trader's time by sending a PM, if the price is more than im willing to pay.

All done now anyway. I havent even got a zed anymore ffs, so i'll shut up. :p