Our new MX-5 at last ! Yippee!

stanski

Sorry for iphone pics but you get the idea - here is our 'Mixy' 2.0 Sport in Galaxy Grey picked it up on Saturday. Just a quick mickey mouse wash - Blackfire wax on standby in the next few weeks ;)

dty3k0AGhF.jpg

7kNq0XxNUC.jpg

Hardly driven it yet but took it to work on Monday - very pleased so far, really odd its like driving my old MR2 roadster but looking at bits of my RX8 too!! Far superior build to the MR2 I am ashamed to say and not as twitchy.

Lucy took it out on Saturday evening and did'nt come back for an hour with a 1/4 tank of fuel missing !! I think she forgot herself and I reminded her it actually has 6 gears she can use and not just the 3! :lol:

So far all good news and even getting used to the bathtub front end now - fortunately I dont see that when I drive :)

But........ had a bit of bad luck on the way home - I was driving down the M56 (of course!!) and thinking how for once I am lucky to get a mint second hand car with not even a stone chip on the windscreen , when I heard a teeny ping I saw something in the side of the windscreen - yup a 2 inch crack that by the time I got home was 6 inches! The earliest Auto windscreens can do is Wednesday (and only if its not raining!) FFS surely they can put a fancy cover over the car as its their day job :bang:

Oh well these things happen I suppose

Lovely but im still waiting for the camper pictures!! :thumbs:

he he ok ok - its been p****g it down all the time no chance to get them posted up - will try to sneak some in this week for you mate ;)

Doogey - I could'nt face buying another Black car again (although I did look at one before) this colour is so weird - think they have taken Nissan's clearcoat tinting game - it looks grey , then blue, then a hint of lilac sometimes (yes yes I know girlie!) but it does'nt show the motorway dirt like Black does ...

Now we are looking at some chrome bling to tart some bits up - is there another (cheaper) supplier than MX5parts - who seem to have a monopoly here? :thumbdown:

Thanks Digsy for the advice - really enjoying it for the 5 minutes I have driven it! :headhurt:

looks nice.

Can you not just take the car to the Autoglass depot and then they can do it inside?

well thats what I was thinking - unfortunatley where my work is located (middle of nowhere!) its difficult - worse case I will suggest that to them if they cancel! :D

I think that colour really suits the car B) and it does look different depending on angle/light. I hope yours is the same in that the lacquer is really thick, so stone chips dont make much mess :thumbs:

You could try autolink, they are just down the road from me http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/ I think they mainly do mk1 MX5's, but you never know. The chap there is pretty good so he may be able to recommend someone.

Thanks doogy will give them a try( after payday)

Let's hope the paint is thicker with miles I do it needs all the protection it can get?

Andy it's very baby friendly over the zed.

Isofix passenger seat, airbag switch off on dash, the boot holds our pram and accessories easily. Other than new windscreens its very pocket friendly compared to the Zed. Cheaper tax, insurance, fuel costs,dare i say nicer interior too :D

It's got michellin pilot sports though which are uber expensive but I might swop for Falkens again once they all need doing?

Let's hope the paint is thicker with miles I do it needs all the protection it can get?

I did 20K a year in the MX and over three years I had far less chips that I have in the Zed and only done 22k so far :scare:

I did 20K a year in the MX and over three years I had far less chips that I have in the Zed and only done 22k so far :scare:

We know the paint is p*** poor on Zeds - they waft a tin of the pain - near the Zed on the paint shop - dont want to put any more weight than they need to ! :lol:

Marts Zed just lives on the edge pretty sure his was polished so many times you can see the suspension parts underneath the body its so thin :lol::lol:

I was driving down the M56 (of course!!) and thinking how for once I am lucky to get a mint second hand car with not even a stone chip on the windscreen , when I heard a teeny ping I saw something in the side of the windscreen - yup a 2 inch crack that by the time I got home was 6 inches! The earliest Auto windscreens can do is Wednesday

funny you should say that! I asked my Mrs what she had been doing today and she said Gary from Autowindscreens had been round to squirt some of his special fluid into her crack! It didnt dawn on me till later, she hasn't got a car!!!!

Thanks guys :thumbs: Yes its fast enough and fun - weighs as much as an empty fag packet and has 160bhp! ;)

Still getting used to it but love the easy roof up and down process for example - 1 button and off it goes from inside the car.

Unfortunately it does'nt have aircon or the Bose stereo but as the rest of the car was mint and the price was right we decided it was worth buying anyway. I mean a new set of Michellin Pilot Sports - thats £500 alone on tyres so hopefully (other than a soddin windscreen) we dont need to spend much money on it for a while? :drive1

Fed up with changing cars now :blink: NO MORE!!!

Will have to get down to a Doughnut meet sometime with it :snack: