Does a pop charger make much difference?

cerealuk

From what I gather there is a small bhp increase (but nothing particularly noticeable)

Is the engine sound much different if everything else is stock GT ? I have seen a few vids on youtube which make out that there is a fair bit of difference but its hard to tell really without hearing one in real life...

i installed a pop charger about 2 weeks ago. the sound is awesome and the bhp decrease is not noticeable at all!!

+1

Not one person has ever said that their car felt slower with a popcharger, who cares if you lose a few top end bhp that you never use anyway???

I was going to buy one for my old 350, started reading into it and changed my mind as apparently the intake system on the 313 engine (and I suppose other 350 engines) was designed specifically for the best air flow and many said adding a 'pop charger' would be undoing good work. Best to spend it on an exhaust I guess, of course this is my opinion though although I used to love 'pop chargers' or as they're called induction kits when I had my Hondas, vtec sounded mental, but I recently bought a vtec again for work that had an induction kit on it and the first thing I did was rip the thing out, I must be getting old at 24 :lol:

If you can noticed the power difference from fitting a pop charger you have done VERY well considering its minutes in the scale of things. Putting a bag in the boot will cause more difference.

For me it just made the difference to the sound when you put your foot down. Adds just that little extra without causing the general increase in volume you often get with a replacement exhaust

i installed a pop charger about 2 weeks ago. the sound is awesome and the bhp decrease is not noticeable at all!!

+1

Not one person has ever said that their car felt slower with a popcharger, who cares if you lose a few top end bhp that you never use anyway???

Exactly. Everyone latley is worrying that they are loosing HP, anyone that claims they can fell the loss of 1-3hp is a liar.

If its power you want either go FI or buy a faster car, simples :)