Problem

wolfie

Greetings to all! There is a problem: for the speed 0-60 knocks, from below a car as a nail in a tire cover, for the speeds 60 + knock (and knock as though on a body and a wheel is felt) passes in a rumble with a delay in a second. As a train only not knock but a rumble. What can be?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings to all! There is a problem: for the speed 0-60 knocks, from below a car as a nail in a tire cover, for the speeds 60 + knock (and knock as though on a body and a wheel is felt) passes in a rumble with a delay in a second. As a train only not knock but a rumble. What can be?

Luckily I speak your language ........... I'm very well thanks ...... and you?

On a speed 0-60 mph is some knocks from car down side,like somethink in tyre and making knocks.tyre cheked. I think its something mechanikal but i cant understand what. on speed 60-... When on highway like m1 you cross the line,and wheels is on strip is the sound. and my sound is the same,but with 1 sek delay)like old trains but not TUC...TUC, sound like rumble (WUU 1 sek WUU).. Sorry for bat english,dont know many words from car theme. :rant::surrender:

if its a noise from ratating areas makes me think wheel bearing, but the noise you describe and when it happens does not sound right for the problem. to check it; while the car is parked, grab the top of each tyre and give each wheel a good shake, if there is movement in the wheel assembly then it is likely to be the bearing (but i don't think it will be)

if your getting noises while crossin gthe white lines might be drop links or another part of the suspension.

diagnosing sounds over the internet is never easy. my advice is take it in to a garage and get them to check it.

whats your location we might be able to point you in the right direction of a good garage near you.

My language is Russian,but i dont think someone is speak on it at this forum :) Im living in northampton,where can normaly check what it can be? i think what it is nave bearing. on a speed 0-60 this damn knock hit on car,and i feel them with my ass and steereng wheel. Need normal garage and day off. :)

Добро пожаловать в клуб, не уверены в механике вблизи Ðортгемптоне, но еÑли вы не виду небольшого диÑка, еÑÑ‚ÑŒ Ñ€Ñд очень хорошо, вокруг Ñлужащих

Abbey motorsport

Dixon motorsport

TDI

and i think JAPEX might be in your area

Originally from Mars I am, crash landed but here on planet earth your!!! :help:

maybe problem in wheels,i got 235/40/18 fron 265/35/18 rear

front = - 2.20 %

rear = - 5.16 % :scare::scare::scare:

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM ............. LSD

not neccessarily, depends on what wheels he's running? if they are stock rims then yeah not good. but it won't cause a knocking, just the traction will kick in all the time.

your LSD just allows the 2 rear wheels to move at different speeds, changing the rotational diameter wont effect the LSD and its ability of doing its job. wrong sized tyres would only really effect the traction control as its set for a certain rolling diameter, change the diameter and the LSD gets confused and just kicks in all the time. again neither would cause a knocking noise.