WHAT'S THE BEST MOD A NEWBIE SHOULD DO?

Tallpsw24

Hi everyone!

I'm wanting to get some more power, and got told that putting better fuel injectors, fuel pump and throttle body would be a good start. I've already got a better induction system.

Any sugestions whether this is a good idea. If so where and HOW MUCH? :shrug:

Seriously?

There is a useful search function on the forum, and about 500 threads already asking the same questions.

Start with the FAQ section, and do some research. Then come back and ask specific questions.

Im feeling slightly generous, so remember the car has a learning ECU, so you would need a remap to go with any mods you do. For serious power you will need FI.

Now go read.

And welcome :thumbs:

Single mod

Plenum spacer

Done.

Yes it has the only proven gains of bolt on mods.

No, not a huge noticeable difference.

Remap is the best way to make the most out of it further down the line but wait until all your mods are done first.

About 300bhp after remap.

You'd be better saving for FI if you really want major power increases in the long run.

And unless the induction system you have put on is a post 06 air box it is most likely losing you power.

Improve the nut behind the wheel first!

:lol:

Hi everyone!

I'm wanting to get some more power, and got told that putting better fuel injectors, fuel pump and throttle body would be a good start. I've already got a better induction system.

Any sugestions whether this is a good idea. If so where and HOW MUCH? :shrug:

not many aftermarket tb's for the Z really some have ported ones but see little reason in that. What 'better' induction system do you have? Whats your budget for the project? Why is this posted in FI if you're not planning on going FI? You could get a fly by wire TB and use an aftermarket EMS if you REALLY wanted too. I bet you that the pop charger you got on the car at the moment is loosing power... :evil:

if you do it that way every mod will make no diff to the car as i thought the ecu would negate it until you have the uprev,if you do the uprev tune then as most people do add a mod or two at a time you would get the gains with each mod,once you have had the uprev you only pay for dyno time on your mods,ide bet mods without the uprev would lose you bhp within a week of the mod,maybe abbey/rs will comment on this

if you do it that way every mod will make no diff to the car as i thought the ecu would negate it until you have the uprev,if you do the uprev tune then as most people do add a mod or two at a time you would get the gains with each mod,once you have had the uprev you only pay for dyno time on your mods,ide bet mods without the uprev would lose you bhp within a week of the mod,maybe abbey/rs will comment on this

And i bet that you wont even notice the loss

And my point is unless you get every mod done at once then the uprev you wont notice any gains before the uprev,by having the uprev first you can see and more important feel the gains with every mod and bit by bit see your bhp improving.

But then your paying more money to retune it after each mod :wacko:

I bet it will be atleast an extra £80 per retune.

i agree with ian, why not be patient, get your mods done first and then tune rather than being impatient, getting the tune done only to have to go back and spend the money again getting redone :shrug:

to the op, for performance; bin the "upgraded" intake, add a plenum spacer, tune it. :drunk:

Your right i will pay again for the dyno but i know what each mod is giving me & inbetween mods i will get the pleasure of the mod as i think im right any mod you have before the uprev tune will give you no gains. PS sorry if im wrong and talking sh%t

Cool kudos, make a list and post it.

Your right i will pay again for the dyno but i know what each mod is giving me & inbetween mods i will get the pleasure of the mod as i think im right any mod you have before the uprev tune will give you no gains. PS sorry if im wrong and talking sh%t

could do but im only going for 4-5mods,prob be a short post,3k budget will get me +30bhp max,done the f1 on a na supra's and its more trouble than its worth & a bucket of money. sorry to the op for highjacking the post.

could do but im only going for 4-5mods,prob be a short post,3k budget will get me +30bhp max,done the f1 on a na supra's and its more trouble than its worth & a bucket of money. sorry to the op for highjacking the post.

thats cool, so take a baseline please and then what you get for each mod... wont be 100% since the mod made prior might be helping the mods ...

• 2 months later...

youve done it back to front m8, your car will be mapped to a car with no mods, which will give you improved performance untill you do any modding, unless you got a generic off the peg map designed for the basic mods most people get on the zeds, in which case your car will probably be running too rich as exhausts, spacer & induction, usually make cars run lean & if its mapped to your car with no mods, then when you get your zourst, etc it then will be running lean & need mapping again. so either way theres no point getting a remap first unless you dont intend to do any modding or it will just need mapping after every new mod, hence why 99.9% of people map after modding. its all about airflow & how rich/lean your fuel is running & every mod having an effect on this.