Security risk that many didnt know about.

Chesterfield

Haven't read the article but from your quotes and reactions it seems like scaremongering or poor journalism to me.

I work for a major copier company and it has been standard procedure for years for our military/govt/major corporate customers to request the hard drives be removed and left on site when the device has reached the end of its life.

The latest generation even have hot swappable, encrypted drive options for the truly security conscious customer.

Haven't read the article but from your quotes and reactions it seems like scaremongering or poor journalism to me.

I work for a major copier company and it has been standard procedure for years for our military/govt/major corporate customers to request the hard drives be removed and left on site when the device has reached the end of its life.

The latest generation even have hot swappable, encrypted drive options for the truly security conscious customer.

Agree'd. I'd be more worried about the hundreds of hard drives going to third world countries with every ones data on it :)

Agree'd. I'd be more worried about the hundreds of hard drives going to third world countries with every ones data on it :)

all my old hard drives are dismantled then the platters are sanded then broke up :teeth: