Bloody F***ING careless fool!

Demolition49

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to be very clear when handing in the 206 form (self-report) i just filled out, I will make sure I told the officer I didn't actually ask for their details but I felt very rushed and he was using abusive language I.E "what are you doing you idiot?" , it was raining and he stated there is no damage so he got back in his car and waited for me to me to head back in to my vehicle and then left. which is what happened.

You have now done the right thing and reported it. It will be for him to satify any enquiries why he didnt think there was any damage.

Your earlier post stated that you took photos of the damage at the time. From a evidence point of view do the photos have a time and date on them and does it show the dmage IE any scuff marks or paint residue from the offending car.

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have got to claim maybe it will make him think next time he's driving carelessly.

think of the amount you pay for your car insurance just because you own a nice car. he probably pays next to nothing cos he's got a crap car and loads of no claims. make him pay for it even a crap car with zero no claims bonus will cost him alot.

You have now done the right thing and reported it. It will be for him to satify any enquiries why he didnt think there was any damage.

Your earlier post stated that you took photos of the damage at the time. From a evidence point of view do the photos have a time and date on them and does it show the dmage IE any scuff marks or paint residue from the offending car.

Please take a look at the pictures on page 1, unfortunately there are no time stamps on the photos, but i have decided to go ahead and make the claim as its not fair I shouldn't have to pay for damage to my vehicle if it was done unfairly, the damage is minor and no paint was scuffed off, but a small dig has been left on my bumper

The position of the damage matches up correctly to the picture i took of the vehicle positioning behind me :rant:

Hell get a whiplash claim in as well, takes 2 years or so, but you cant knock 3 grand for nothing. ;)

I know that comment is almost certainly a joke, but some people do think like that, and all it does is push everybody's insurance up.

Good luck with getting the police / insurance sorting it out, not sure I would have been so polite if someone rolled into the back of me and then told me to get back in my f****** car !!!! :rant:

Hell get a whiplash claim in as well, takes 2 years or so, but you cant knock 3 grand for nothing. ;)

I know that comment is almost certainly a joke, but some people do think like that, and all it does is push everybody's insurance up.

Good luck with getting the police / insurance sorting it out, not sure I would have been so polite if someone rolled into the back of me and then told me to get back in my f****** car !!!! :rant:

If i had said/done what i wanted, id be the one in trouble not him, keeping a cool head gets you ahead in the end :thumbs:

There will be timestamps on the EXIF data on the photo when you took it with the phone.

Also you did ask him for details and he simply ignored you and drove off, remember?

It was taken with my iphone so im not sure mate :blink:

And no I didn't ask him for the details, felt rushed, it was heavy raining was just trying to focus on taking pictures and looking for damage on my bumper, couldn't see any so i headed back to my car, when I opened the door and got back in he started moving off.

... thinking back i wish i had taken even more time about the whole thing

No, you don't understand: You asked him for his details and he ignored you and drove off.

Get the photos on the PC, right click and select properties. Far right tab IIRC, the time and date and loads of other stuff will be on there.

No, you don't understand: You asked him for his details and he ignored you and drove off.

Get the photos on the PC, right click and select properties. Far right tab IIRC, the time and date and loads of other stuff will be on there.

I dont think its a good idea to twist what i said :shrug:

Mate you simply can't stand for that. You know as well as we all do if you had hit him he'd probably by the type to be sat in casualy 3 hours later with a collar round his neck and his solicitors on the blower.

Bottom line is he's damaged your car - it doesn't matter if its a new bumper or a touch up. Just hope that he's insured!

Only thing is unless you can get hold of his insurance details then you'll need to claim through your insurer.......which means paying your excess until they can claim it back off him, which in turn means you have to declare a 'claim regardless of fault' when applying for your renewal (if you claim direct of his insurance I believe you don't need to declare it but don't quote me on that).

Just got to hope he's covered :scare:

Mate you simply can't stand for that. You know as well as we all do if you had hit him he'd probably by the type to be sat in casualy 3 hours later with a collar round his neck and his solicitors on the blower.

Bottom line is he's damaged your car - it doesn't matter if its a new bumper or a touch up. Just hope that he's insured!

Only thing is unless you can get hold of his insurance details then you'll need to claim through your insurer.......which means paying your excess until they can claim it back off him, which in turn means you have to declare a 'claim regardless of fault' when applying for your renewal (if you claim direct of his insurance I believe you don't need to declare it but don't quote me on that).

Just got to hope he's covered :scare:

all i care about is MY NCB, will i lose it? and will my premium go up?

I have now seen the photos and it clearly shows damage to the bumper even in the rain. He has no defence, siting he didnt know there had been any accident or damage caused because he had alight his vehcle and said the coments as stated.

On your accident report clearly state that you was stationary and that the only way the other driver could have hit you was that he was driving with out due care and attention and that his driving therefore fell below that of a competent driver.

The only way that your NCB will be affected is if the insurance Co consider that you were in some way a contributing factor. It would be very difficult to see how this may be if you are stationary and on a down ward facing incline.

Dont worry contact you insurance Co for advice before claiming if you are that worried.

I believe you will get the excess back but ONLY if your insurance company is successful in recovering off his insurance company (i.e establishing fault and liability).

Similar with NCB - if he takes the blame (and bear in mind that while its obvious your a genunine honest bloke he might still try and worm out of it - not that it would be easy for him) then you'll be fine and dandy........if he's not insured or does manage to wrangle out of full blame you could lose your NCB (unless you have one of them insurance policies where your NCB is protected and/or they don't penalise you for being hit by uninsured drivers).

BTW - I'm no expert in insurance - this is just my experiance over my 10 year tenure as a crap driver!

Also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not let the insurance company (either his or yours) take the car to one of their 'approved' repairshops. You'll end up in Howard Basford and before you can say 'bodge job' the car will be worse than when it went in - find your own and take it there - its your legal right to nominate your own garage.

No excess to pay if it's not your fault, but your premium will go up a little next time :thumbdown:

Although the guy is clearly a **** and needs to be taken down a peg or two, I fear that the Police and Insurance might not be interested in something so minor.

I wonder if the Police can give you his address based upon the reg? I would pay him a visit (with a friend) and invite him to inspect the damage. He's unlikely to be abusive outside his own house :angry:

No excess to pay if it's not your fault, but your premium will go up a little next time :thumbdown:

Although the guy is clearly a **** and needs to be taken down a peg or two, I fear that the Police and Insurance might not be interested in something so minor.

I wonder if the Police can give you his address based upon the reg? I would pay him a visit (with a friend) and invite him to inspect the damage. He's unlikely to be abusive outside his own house :angry:

well if it was Sweden you can check where the car is registered... :surrender: