What is the most likely cause.....

glrnet

of an intermittent clunk or knock from the rear of the car? Only appears to happen when cornering on uneven surfaces, the most noticeable was when driving over a slightly raised mini roundabout. Any input much appreciated. :)

Ouch, if you're right is that gonna be expensive?

Ok, I know I'm going to regret this, what'a an LSD! :wacko:

It's a TLA and before you ask

TLA = Three Letter Abbreviation

soooooooooooo ...........

LSD = Limited Slip Differential

Ouch, if you're right is that gonna be expensive?

Ok, I know I'm going to regret this, what'a an LSD! :wacko:

It's a TLA and before you ask

TLA = Three Letter Abbreviation

soooooooooooo ...........

LSD = Limited Slip Differential

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/comp ... index.html

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/modi ... nismo.html

I have installed the NISMO LSD and love it. I actually have it mated with 350EVO.com's 3.9 final drive ring and pinion set. OMG is it one of the best $ values for performance out there!

The torque is awesome coming out of corners! I do a lot of track days and I have noticed a great improvement with the NISMO LSD. I tend to get more of a four wheel drift effect now. I am running 285's in the rear and 265's in the front. I have just all but eliminated the under steer with the wider tires and now she really hooks up coming out of the turns.

However, with any love relationship, there is a bit of pain - the clutch type LSD - it chatters and pops at low speeds like when leaving a parking space, when you turn sharply usually under 15 - 20 mph. Other than that its a wonderful set up definitely worth the investment IF you track your car a lot!

Well, a further development today, put the car up on the trolley jack today at the back end, one side at a time to have a gander at bushings, no obvious signs of wear or excessive movement. Installed my plenum spacer today and duly went out for a couple of test runs, could I reproduce the clunking, could I heck as like!!!? Could it be that I've inadvertently temporarily cured the problem when i jacked the car up this morning adn does this now point towards drop links? :headhurt:

of an intermittent clunk or knock from the rear of the car? Only appears to happen when cornering on uneven surfaces, the most noticeable was when driving over a slightly raised mini roundabout. Any input much appreciated. :)

• 1 month later...
Well, a further development today, put the car up on the trolley jack today at the back end, one side at a time to have a gander at bushings, no obvious signs of wear or excessive movement. Installed my plenum spacer today and duly went out for a couple of test runs, could I reproduce the clunking, could I heck as like!!!? Could it be that I've inadvertently temporarily cured the problem when i jacked the car up this morning adn does this now point towards drop links? :headhurt:

Did you ever sort this out mate? I've finally discovered the one thing wrong with our car......clunk from the rear that sounds like a marble being dropped on a piece of wood - I'm assuming its the ARB drop links but as you said people have described that as more of a groan or a creak. Usually happens when the car rocks or bounces (ooh errr!) on a bumpy road.