Engine 'bling'...

djrm

Seeing as I am new here, could you kind people please guide me towards the best engine dress-up parts / websites / guides?

I am after making the engine look fantastic, I am leaving the exterior / interior of the car pretty standard all but some new wheels maybe....

Just thought seeing as I now have a car that has such a great engine, might as well make it shine and look as fantastic as it sounds / drives!

one of the best people for engine bling shiny wise is dcash5, have a search round for his posts about his engine bay.

two of the best overall engine dress cars are shire and clarkie

Sorry if i forgot someone there, dont read into it :lol:

EDIT: it depends on what you want? do you want polished? painted a colour? both?

how much do you want to spend?

one of the best people for engine bling shiny wise is dcash5, have a search round for his posts about his engine bay.

EDIT: it depends on what you want? do you want polished? painted a colour? both?

Definitely Shire has one of the best Engine bays from engine dress, but as John says it depends on what you want. I have gone painted plenum and throttle body where as some people prefer polished. Its all personal. :thumbs:

How could you forget mine John!! :lol::thumbs:

Thanks for moving it... now you have to delete the other thread I started before seeing you move this one LOL...

Anyway - what I am after is maybe replacing some pipes with blue ones, painting the engine cover, polishing the plenum and maybe some carbon fluid / battery covers... A bit of everything really!

I know that the painting / polishing is DIY for me which is fine, just wanted to know if there was a website that had a lot of pipes / chromed engine bits for sale... :)

Polished plenum available here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=35951

Coolant hose kit by Samco from Demon Tweeks.

Polished header tank and power steering tank from Chilli Red

Carbon battery/fluid covers from Scottsoulby if he is still doing them,also surrounds from Scott.

Engine dress bolt kit Chilli Red.

That should keep you busy for a bit. :lol:

Polished plenum available here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=35951

Coolant hose kit by Samco from Demon Tweeks.

Polished header tank and power steering tank from Chilli Red

Carbon battery/fluid covers from Scottsoulby if he is still doing them,also surrounds from Scott.

Engine dress bolt kit Chilli Red.

That should keep you busy for a bit. :lol:

Wow thanks!

I will get on it as all of that is perfect... I have already PM'd for the plenum so will have some pics online soon!

Thanks again!

Definitely Shire has one of the best Engine bays from engine dress, but as John says it depends on what you want. I have gone painted plenum and throttle body where as some people prefer polished. Its all personal. :thumbs:

How could you forget mine John!! :lol::thumbs:

Here you go Grant/John and I have to say I love it

IMG_0054.jpg?t=1281546062

and here's Shire's

IMG_0053.jpg?t=1281546062

Ian - damn you man, that looks awesome. That plenum looks the nuts - and you know it! Very nice bud :thumbs:

I can vouch for shires engine bling too as i saw it earlier this year, looks very tidy and well put together.

Mine for what it's worth..

DSCF2549.jpg

You know this is going to turn into another photo whore thread!