Bought my first zed (with a lil something extra)

Thanks guys :)

Defo on the new mats, these ones also get caught on my foot aswell. Will take some pics when i can and get those up.

Im based in East London

It has been on and off sale for a loooooong time, makes me wonder why nobody bought it, hope i didnt miss anything when i looked it over and its a wrongen

To be honest I think it was a little overpriced.

Did you miss the twin turbo kit that it came with ;)

I think its a good price :thumbs:

Note I said it was a little overpriced not is, thats why it didn't sell.

Looks like you got a sweet deal, although I'd be a bit concerned about running 437bhp if it's on standard internals :scare: If it were me I'd be tempted to take it to Abbey Motorsports and get it tuned from scratch using Uprev, then you'd know all was well.

Thanks mate. Does sounds a bit high, but the boost and torque is low. I might speak to someone about ideas for quitening the exhaust, than maybe getting the mapping checked/adjusted at the same time........... Althought the sound might be growing on me :teeth:

At some point down the round i might even go the forged route and crank the boost up a bit and see what we can get, i think it will get close to 600 from research B)

Think i will learn to use the power i got first

437bhp on standard internals???

tick, tick, tick BOOM!!!

Nope :p

Mine is at 420 ;)

Torque kills the motors not power (aswell as a poor map)

If torque kills the motor why do people like Abbey quote 400bhp as the 'safe' benchmark?

Also, who knows what figures that this kit has been running, for how long?????

The fact the installers are claiming 437bhp, on standard internals, worries me............420bhp might be ok.....but for how long??? Not as long as sub 400 I'd estimate....

tick, tick, tick BOOM!!!

Mine is at 420 ;)

If torque kills the motor why do people like Abbey quote 400bhp as the 'safe' benchmark?

The fact the installers are claiming 437bhp, on standard internals, worries me............420bhp might be ok.....but for how long??? Not as long as sub 400 I'd estimate....

400 bhp at the wheels ;) My 420 & his 437 is at the fly, bringing both to sub400 :p

Also, if you do a search you will find that Abbey, Dorian, Alex etc all agree that its torque not hp :p

tick, tick, tick BOOM!!!

Mine is at 420 ;)

I think they quote the BHP as it relates to the torque and is a popular measurment people look at. The kit has been on since 07 and i have the power graphs, although they should always be taken with a pinch. I will get a leak down and full health check at some point, but the vacum reading is good, boost is very stable, sounds smooth on startup and the engine idles smooth, and sounds ok.

I agree that the more power added the shorter the life of the engine. But i had a Fiat coupe running 340bhp/300lbs and we had others running 380bhp/340lbs on standards for a long time (40,000 in mine) and people used to say standards on the coupe were only good for 300. But i have heard the 400 figure qouted alot as the safe figure for a TT zed.

However mapping (fueling/timing etc) and cooling is critical to these issues so its hard to be pinpoint accurate. 400bhp could be safer, but 350 is even safer, but 350 can let go if mapped poorly etc

Thanks for all the advice and welcomes guys, seems like a good forum :)

I have the gearknob and handbrakes but not the colour coded steering wheel as I don't like. You could change it if you wanted when ordering

Ahh i see, cheers mate.

TBH i wasnt so sure if i liked the wheel being alezan myself. However with the handbrake and gear lever i dont mind either way.