Looking to (finally) make the move

Hi all,

I've been browsing these forums for some time now and I though that it's about time I introduced myself!

My name is Paul, I'm a Graphic Designer from Hereford and I'm currently looking to buy a 350Z.

I'm currently selling my '06 Hyundai Coupé V6 which is a lovely car, but lacks the power of a 'proper' sports car :)

For a long time I've been mulling it over about what car to get as a replacement, thought about an RX8, Audi S4, even an Evo, but a friend of mine runs a small car dealership and took me out for a spin to get petrol in a 350Z he just bought in to stock and offered to let me drive back from the petrol station.

That 5 minute drive absolutely convinced me - I gotta get a Zed :teeth:

Currently have my old car up for sale and am looking for a replacement right now, I wanted to say that so far this forum has been a massive help in knowing what to look for.

Looking forward to participating in this forum!

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks for the warm welcome guys - very much appreciated!

I've driven past that same car every day on the way to work - even been in to see it myself a few weekends back :)

It looks great but they were asking waaay to much for it, it's much more reasonably priced now but it doesn't have the GT pack which is top of my list of must-haves lol

Yeah traffic's somewhat insane around 9-10am in Hereford!

And yes there's some excellent roads around Malvern way that's for sure :D

Truth be told I'm not having the best luck selling my current car, never quite reaches reserve price but I'll keep relisting it until it does finally sell.

I'm hoping to have a budget of between £8,000 and £10,000 which all hinges on me selling the car for the best price. From what I've seen I should be able to get a half-decent 02-04 plate for that, which I'd be more than happy with! Some decent looking ones about at the moment too!

Thanks again for the welcome guys - seems like a genuinely friendly forum, something I can't say about other car forum's I've been a member of in the past :scare:

Thanks for the info I'll definately keep an eye out for a club car (seen a few I recognise on eBay from my browsing here!)

Currently having a tough time finding a buyer for my current Hyundai Coupe, I guess the £435 tax is putting people off. Gutted really since my car was registered 1 month after the new legislation came in doubling the tax for the V6 :thumbdown:

Whilst I'd rather not go that route I've contacted a few garages about part-ex'ing the car against a zed but so far absolutely none of them have replied which is shocking! Even if it's a "no we're not interested, bugger off" type of response I'd accept it and move on! :lol:

Well the Coupe has finally gone this afternoon :yahoo:

Potentially going to view and maybe buy a Zed this weekend, pending an inspection :teeth:

Whilst it wasn't a Zed, the Coupe was a great car and (to a degree) will be missed!

post-6783-135011889624_thumb.jpg

Having to make do with my Dad's shed of a Mondeo for now :dry:

• 2 weeks later...