Most expensive valet in Britain!!

Muttley

A woman I work with told me about this today. Apparently you can get a full Brazilian wax for £8k, now that is something I would have to see :lol:

I remember seeing a tv report on a guy a few years ago that worked on high end cars. It might have been Top Gear when they did proper reports (yes it's that long ago). He had waxes that cost a fortune for a small tub and were applied with his hand. Wasn't as OCD as this guy though.

ridiculous. looks no different to any other average joe who knows a few things about detailing.

Thing that really pi**es me off is people who read a thing or 2 on a detailing forum, do half a car, and then think there the best pro out there, and try advertise for business. i know of a few couple of people who actually detail cars occasionally yet they get someone else to do there own? If your not confident enough to do your own car dont work on others.

Anyway, if you want a good detail. avoid 7k washes, all a big con. just get well known company to do it for the usual going rate of 500 - 600

ridiculous. looks no different to any other average joe who knows a few things about detailing.

Thing that really pi**es me off is people who read a thing or 2 on a detailing forum, do half a car, and then think there the best pro out there, and try advertise for business. i know of a few couple of people who actually detail cars occasionally yet they get someone else to do there own? If your not confident enough to do your own car dont work on others.

Anyway, if you want a good detail. avoid 7k washes, all a big con. just get well known company to do it for the usual going rate of 500 - 600

If he actually does take 250 hours to remove all the microscopic scratches and charges £7000 for it, then he's only making £28 per hour for a job he might only get every couple of weeks, or month. Plus the cost of 5 grand waxes etc, maybe it's not that lucrative? :wacko:

He couldnt do that detail on the same car more than once.

He must remove a fair amount of clear with so many passes, regardless of how mild they are.

Even if i were the best there was, 7k... you'd have to be hard pushed to show 7k worth of car cleaning on a car. I feel abit guilty asking for couple hundred or so for a full detail. End of the day, still alot of money for a clean car. regardless of corrections etc.

Plus 8k waxes.. he only uses a small amount on a car, so only 200 worth of wax say. so £6800 profit.. plus those pots are refillable for life included in the 8k price (just has to be sent back to USA for refill. so you get hit with import charges on 8k product each time)

so £6800 profit..

You go to the Mike Brewer Wheeler Dealers school of accountancy? :lol::lol:

I'm sure he has loads of other overheads and his time has to be accounted for......

The guy is maybe up there with Paul Dalton but I think 7k is a little ambitious. Fair play if he can get away with it though.....

It's amazing when you read DW and people think they can be a pro and be millionaires detailing. I'm sure they make a decent (average) wage but the difference is that most will love what they're doing. :thumbs:

I did a quick calculation of his before overhead income (very very sad i know but it interested me)

52 weeks in a year.

average person takes maybe combined 5 weeks holiday a year (bank hollidays, christmas etc)

leaving 47 weeks * 5 working days= 235 working days

average person works 8 hours (excluding lunch) but seeing as he lives at home and obviously has a bit of OCD i said 10

235 days * 10 hours working day = 2350 hours

250 hours per car = 2350 / 250 = 9 cars a year * average of £7,000/car = £63,000 per year

you have to factor in his set up costs - converting his garage, the top quality tiles, the first purchase of the massively expensive cleaning products

then yearly overheads - electricity, refills of the products (or import taxes if the refil is free) and the replacements of all the clothes etc he must go through

It also assumes that he has a car booked in every 5 weeks and doesn't work weekends (but the holliday weeks can be taken as part of the down time between jobs

so its very sad that this actually interested me and is probably fairly off the actual figure but it did :bangin::shrug: plus i'm in a different country to both the wife and car :bounce:

I did a quick calculation of his before overhead income (very very sad i know but it interested me)

52 weeks in a year.

average person takes maybe combined 5 weeks holiday a year (bank hollidays, christmas etc)

average person works 8 hours (excluding lunch) but seeing as he lives at home and obviously has a bit of OCD i said 10

250 hours per car = 2350 / 250 = 9 cars a year * average of £7,000/car = £63,000 per year

you have to factor in his set up costs - converting his garage, the top quality tiles, the first purchase of the massively expensive cleaning products

then yearly overheads - electricity, refills of the products (or import taxes if the refil is free) and the replacements of all the clothes etc he must go through

It also assumes that he has a car booked in every 5 weeks and doesn't work weekends (but the holliday weeks can be taken as part of the down time between jobs

so its very sad that this actually interested me and is probably fairly off the actual figure but it did :bangin::shrug: plus i'm in a different country to both the wife and car :bounce:

He would probably take in more if he was based on a busy high street, washing drive in cars for 5 quid a pop and had a couple of guys working for him :p

52 weeks in a year.

He would probably take in more if he was based on a busy high street, washing drive in cars for 5 quid a pop and had a couple of guys working for him :p

haha nice observation. i got a bit blinded by his big jobs :blush:

also that is assuming his obvious OCD isn't so bad it would stop him from doing his OTT job on every car!