yes or no to a plenium spacer

showtime1

i would get a remap as ive got a few goodies that ive put on did you get any hp gains from one.

Yes, but you would need a remap to benefit from it. the ecu will retune the engine to the new spacer after which time you wont have much effect.

this was discussed not long ago. :thumbs:

i would get a remap as ive got a few goodies that ive put on did you get any hp gains from one.
Yes' date=' but you would need a remap to benefit from it. the ecu will retune the engine to the new spacer after which time you wont have much effect.

this was discussed not long ago. :thumbs:[/quote']

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=39078.

Didnt go ahead as mark @ Abbey suggested some mods done before remap.

I just had mine fitted at the same time as my new exhaust and yes it does seem to have made a difference. One thing I did notice was the sound from my pop charger :scare: I have now gone back to the standard air box and going to get a better filter for it. The noise from the exhaust is enough to wake the dead now anyway even with the bungs in :blush:

I think you should forget chasing HP gains with a 350z, just get it looking and sounding how you want it and be happy B)

I just had mine fitted at the same time as my new exhaust and yes it does seem to have made a difference. One thing I did notice was the sound from my pop charger :scare: I have now gone back to the standard air box and going to get a better filter for it. The noise from the exhaust is enough to wake the dead now anyway even with the bungs in :blush:

I think you should forget chasing HP gains with a 350z, just get it looking and sounding how you want it and be happy B)

what was the sound difference with pop charger?

I think that's a fair point... I've spent a fortune just like others on here trying to gain those extra horses.

My mod's have really helped with the sound and call it look of the engine bay etc, really pleased. I guess it makes it slightly different from the next 350z.

what was the sound difference with pop charger?

Well before it sounded nice and throaty, but after it sounded really droney, not nice at all in fact quite annoying. I took it straight off the next morning, now all I can hear is the exhaust :thumbs:

As a lot of people on here have said anyway the pop charger is just about noise, I noticed a fairly big flat spot in 1st when I had it on, now 1st gear has caught me out a couple of times :blush:

I think that's a fair point... I've spent a fortune just like others on here trying to gain those extra horses.

My mod's have really helped with the sound and call it look of the engine bay etc, really pleased. I guess it makes it slightly different from the next 350z.

For me the 350z is all about looks and sound full stop B)

I want a head turner not a stomach turner :p

I've been thinking of a spacer and uprev, currently got a pop chgarger on and not planning on doing much with exhaust.

If popcharger was removed and spacer installed what sort of sound does the spacer give with standard exhaust?

Not sure as I got my spacer put in at same time as exhaust fitted....

Probly a case of try and see, it could possibly have been the new exhaust note just clashing with the pop charger if you see what I mean...

Not sure if the plenum alone would cause the pop charger to be noisier?

I must be a bit of a woos as I put the bungs in the Buddy Club the morning after it was fitted :scare: