Potential new 350 owner...

Good afternoon,

New to this forum, and going to have a look at a 350z this weekend (private sale) having never sat in one or driven one before. I was on a path for an s2000 but didn't realise a nice example could be purchased in my budget.

It is a 2004, 53 reg in red. Apparently it is a UK car, but I have heard on the grape-vine it could be an import due to the rarerity of these on the roads???? i have done a quick search but could not find the list of UK colours for the Z. It does not have the GT pack but has brembo brakes, and the wider rear number plate plinth (which I guess could have been changed quite easily).

Thanks

Lee.

There are a few about on 53 plates, many were johny palmer track day cars but don't let that put you off, they were well maintained and some came with a few nice extras!!!

Post a link up if you can as there are a few I know I wouldn't buy (will know by the reg!!) and as Ian says there are a few ways to tell, bumpers being one but then you got a few other giveaways that some are harder to change like auto windows on both doors, indicator stalks on the jdm side etc

Welcome :thumbs:

All UK cars have Brembo brakes ...... as Ian says all UK cars have headlight washers ........ and the real give away is that all UK cars have the wiper controls on the RH stalk and the indicators on the LH stalk

..... :scare: ..... johny palmer track day cars

:shrug: Oil change and services far more often than a normal car, nismo oil coolers on some, uprated suspension on some, uprated anti roll bars on some, other high quality mods that wernt removed when they were put out for sale by glynn hopkin. Fully maintained as they wouldnt want any of the "drivers" to have a bad day due to badly maintained vehicals...

Know of a fair few cars that are tracked a fair ammount and then not serviced or inspected, also know a fair few that have been trashed within an inch of their lives on the road and not looked after..

I know of one or 2 owners that have had ex Palmer cars and they had no issues what so ever so again, nothing to be worried about. Just like buying any other used car!

Attak Z... Some of the imports have brembos on too ;) But yes all UK ones have them on!

350Z_S_Specs_all_variants.jpg