I have cracked!!!

Zugara

Decats and XYZ with race cat would that not be annoyingly loud paired with the stock system?

What kind of deal could you give me on decats and XYZ?

and also just on xyz alone?

Thanks

Check out my recording of XYZ Pipe, Japspeed De-cat - standard back box.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38181&start=15

Okay the wind noise doesn't help, but rest assured, the sound is fantastic. Superb between 1-3k revs, hit 3.5k and it starts to pick up, hit 5k onwards and it sounds perfect. The next best thing is the motorway. Cruise anything up to a ton and there is no change, hit anything higher and sound increases, although it's nothing more than the noise made by the tyres which is more annoying.

I'd recommend the Plenum, XYZ and De-cats. Mark recently installed these mods on my car with dyno charts on another thread. The other added bonus is you don't have to fork out for an expensive back box. The perks of performance and sound are just perfect.

The de-cats are just about settling down now that I've covered a good a thousand miles, I can't complain in the slightest. :thumbs:

My view on tuning these cars and what we have been selling to people of the last few months is as follows

Leave the stock air filter box on the car ( if you have a DE car try to find an Revup filter box) and fit a perfomance panel filter

Remove stock cats, the best decats are the Motordyne Resonated De-cats or if you dont think they are worth the money fit stock de-cats.

Fit a Motordyne XYZ Y pipe fitted with Race cat to keep the car legal and quiet and keep the stock exhaust system which will sound nicer with the freer flowing race cat

And fit a Motordyne plenum spacer.

then Uprev reflash.

I have tried a lot of other tuning parts that dont work , that is how we come up with the above list that does work very well.

I can do a package deal if people want.

Folks, I can reccommend this, i have on my otherwise standard 2005 DE:

Motordyne resonated decats

Motordyne XYZ pipe with race cat

Motordyne 5/16th spacer

Uprev reflash

car now has 263 WHP. Since then ive added a HKS filter which, acording to Max Power, should add another 20bhp :lol: But when you think a 'perfect' DE is 276 and mine is now 300 at the fly ive gained at least 24bhp over standard, probably more as im sure mine was not perfect, with torque up too.

its hard to describe the car, i think Mark from Abbey summed it up when he said the car now just feels 'better' , which is absolutely true. it pulls really well in 6th now and 2nd gear has finally come to life and feels alot more lively on the throttle. Dont expect a performance step change; this performance increase isnt a difference like going from driving a corsa to an evo but it does make the car more enjoyable as coming from an FTO ive always thought the Z was a little slow on the initial pick up. With the new bits added that has now changed. :D

so in a nutshell, if you want to liven up your car go for this.

And a word of caution, i stuck a spacer on the car a week before the uprev/exhaust work then drove about 15 miles. the car felt great for about 7-8 miles, really responsive, pulled well then suddenly went completely flat like someone had stuck a sponge under the throttle- i guess the rather smart ECU tuned out my little mod, which suggests any mods are a bit of a waste of time without a reflash!

Excuse me for being a muppet but can anyone put this in laymans terms?? Just got a 03 fairlady, doing some simple mods inc exhaust, wheels, sound system etc although really need to think about under the bonnet, it just seems a little slow of the throttle.

Can anyone give a simple soloution to gain that rapid acceleration and power we all want (Im driving to work and back not racing)??? Remap?? even remap is foreign but at least if you say get it remapped and it costs 350 quid for extra 30BHPN then i know where i stand.

Just had a custom exhaust fitted and now thinking whats all this talk about performance vs bits n bobs................is my exshuast @*!# i wonder.

All i know is i tried to keep up with brother in laws mustang (4.8 supercharged mo fo) today and failed miserably . Don't like failure......how do i make it go faster like now? ????????????????? HELP! :please:

only way you'll compete with the mustang is to supercharge the Zed,

if you want to feel faster under acceleration then lots have commented positively on the throttle controller, won't give more power but does make the throttle more responsive.

if staying NA then a remap will help but if you want to make the most of it you'll need to spend a bit in the first place doing exhaust, plenum spacer y pipe de cats etc

by the time you add all that up you might as well look at the super chargers. you'll get more power straight off, as NA modding won;t make a massive difference unless you spend mega bucks; which defeats the object when you compare it against the super charger.

Ok cheers buddy, sounds reasonable................................................but wait, surely we are talking 3 - 4 k, no?

Don't necessarily want to rape a mustang........ok bulloks, yes i do.

No really, I want it to be more responsive (go faster) if possible without mucho cash spent. If i could afford and i planned on raceing mustangs then yep i'd happily shell out thousands, but this is my run around for work, so i told the wife anyway. :thumbs:

I guess its as simple as "you get what you pay for"...I just need some guidance on where to start really. Want to run b4 i can walk i guess...plenty bhp for cheapness.

Also need to keep go faster mods discreet (ish). :disguise:

You won't get plenty bhp for cheapness.

If you want 'power' then FI is the only option.

If you want increased drivability then some NA mods will work well.

The throttle controller does give instant grin factor for very little money but it's not adding power.

FI???? NA??? Explain yourself, Ive Had a few cans :drunk:

Funnily enough, just started new job recently and so far its all ABDF's and FRSP's. Dont need this on here. Acronims need banning, unless u know WTF they mean of course :protest:

No!

I'll let the search button do the explaining. :p

TLAs rule!

FI clicky